Catering Sales Manager - The Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone Univer
Company: Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University
Posted on: October 12, 2019
DoubleTree by Hilton® Hotel Raleigh - Brownstone - University,
located just steps away from NC State, shopping, dining and more.
We are a 190 beautiful guest room property and a whopping 15,000
sq. ft. of flexible meeting space. Employees are part of the Hilton
Brand Family of Hotels and Chesapeake Hospitality. Chesapeake
Hospitality is a dynamic management company offering a variety of
opportunities for personal growth and professional development. We
value our associates and believe in fostering an inclusive and
supportive workplace. Above all, we believe that all of our
employees should "Experience What's Possible" for themselves and
their careers. Our Team members are offered employee rates when
they travel for leisure, friends and family discounts, discounted
meals for their meal breaks. Medical, dental, vision, life
Insurance, FSA, 401K and more are offered to Full time team
members. We are currently seeking a Catering Sales Manager to join
our team. The Catering Sales Manager is responsible for soliciting,
booking and coordinating catering activity including developing &
maintaining accounts, implementing catering and marketing
strategies so as to meet/exceed revenue/profit goals while
maintaining customer satisfaction. Responsibilities
- Solicit, negotiate and book new and repeat catering business
through various efforts including outside sales calls,
telemarketing, mailings, referrals, networking etc. to maximize
catering and room revenue.
- Respond to RFP's received via direct inquiries, third party
lead sites, internet/website and walk-in leads and send proposals,
collateral and menus, logging all activity and following up with
- Work with clients in order to obtain all final booking details,
i.e. food & beverage, room set-up, audio visual requirements,
complete rooming list and guest agenda.
- Ensure quick, efficient responses to customer issues, comments
and problems to ensure a quality experience and enhance future
- Develop and continually enhance relationships with key catering
accounts and individuals to maintain and increase our market
- Holds regular meetings with F&B/Banquet department to
review BEOs, upcoming events and other updates as needed.
- Assist in the development and execution of the budget and
marketing strategy by analyzing historical, current and future
hotel/market trends and creating selling strategies to capture the
maximum amount of revenue and meet/exceed sales goals.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of all property offerings, food &
beverage minimums, room rentals, hotel rates, strategies,
discounts/promotions, meeting space layout and capacities, catering
menus with pricing and any in-house events taking place.
- Participate in trade shows and community and professional
organizations to maintain high visibility and the achievement of
sales and revenue goals.
- Maintain accurate, legible records and files to provide sales
history and continuity of quality service.
- Participate in the preparation and coordinating of during and
after-hour hotel events and fundraisers which includes setting up,
interacting with the guests/customers, assisting in clean up and
ensuring that the events are successful.
- Fill in and support coworkers and team as needed to ensure
- Perform special projects and other duties as assigned and
participate in task forces and committees as requested by
management. General Requirements:
- Outstanding customer service skills and ability to attend to
guests and associates in an attentive, friendly, courteous and
service oriented manner.
- Exceptional communications skills in terms of the ability to
negotiate, convince, sell and influence professionals and hotel
- Must be able to speak, read, write and communicate in English
to adequately perform the duties of the job.
- Knowledge of sales/hospitality principles and practices.
- Ability to investigate and analyze current activities or
information in the sales/marketing field.
- Ability to travel to area businesses and accounts to solicit
- Ability to make decisions based on established policies and
procedures and guidance from the DOS.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying inquiries made guests, staff and corporate
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and delegate daily
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive material with the utmost discretion
- Must be energetic, a self-starter, and able to work in a
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work both independently and
with a team.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Must be willing to work on weekends and evenings if
- Employee must be able to maintain standards of attendance and
punctuality and must be able to work varying schedules that include
evenings, weekends, holidays and extended hours as business
dictates. Education & Experience:
- A four-year college degree or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience in a hotel sales position
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Sales and Event Management
Systems as well as Microsoft Word and Excel. Physical requirements:
- This position requires long hours of sitting at a desk in a
climate-controlled environment with frequent use of computers, 10
key touch, copiers, facsimiles, keyboards, telephones and other
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
required to stand, walk, balance, reach, push, pull, lift, grasp,
feel, talk, hear, see, smell, taste and perform repetitive motions
that require manual dexterity during and throughout their shift,
and to lift up to 25 pounds.
- The employee is required to have close visual acuity to prepare
and analyze data and figures, view computer terminals, read and
make general observations of facilities or structures.
- This position requires some travel by car and/or air to hotel
and work-related events. (ref. 35880)
Keywords: Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone University, Raleigh , Catering Sales Manager - The Doubletree by Hilton Raleigh Brownstone Univer, Sales , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!