Events Sales Associate
Company: Ashley Christensen Restaurants
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Events Sales Associate - AC Events - Ashley Christensen
Restaurants - Raleigh, NC
Do you love good food and hospitality? Do you enjoy a fast-paced
work environment with great people and fun, professional vibes? AC
Events, owned and operated by James Beard Award-winning chef Ashley
Christensen, is looking for a superstar events sales associate.
The events sales associate is responsible for the successful sale,
coordination, and execution of events and catering bookings for AC
Events. In cooperation with the event operations manager and events
sales manager, this position will execute sales strategies to meet
financial goals. The events sales associate serves as a liaison
between our clients and the event execution team to create
memorable hospitality experiences and to ensure that all event
parameters align with our standards and wow our guests.
The events sales associate reports to the event operations manager
and serves as a professional representative of AC Restaurants.
- Support the events department in achieving established revenue
targets through selling, planning, and coordinating event and
- In collaboration with the event operations manager and
executive team, explore new market opportunities and execute sales
initiatives that support our financial goals.
- Coordinate and carry out tours, tastings, and consultations
with clients and venue partners.
- Utilize TripleSeat as a sales tool to build banquet event
orders (BEOs) and to communicate with clients and team
- Consult with clients to confirm the objectives and requirements
for their events, including timelines, specifications for table and
room setup, food and beverage menus, equipment orders, and event
- Participate in interdepartmental meetings to ensure that the
execution plan for the event aligns with the commitments made to
Job Skills & Requirements
- Valid driver's license.
- 1 to 3 years of experience in private event coordination,
restaurant management, and/or client relationship
- Deep understanding and passion for client services and
- Strong food and/or wine & beverage knowledge preferred
- Must have stellar communication skills, including a command of
the English language, strong writing and presentation capabilities,
and comfort in speaking clearly to groups and in
- Must have excellent time management and prioritization skills,
as well as razor-sharp attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter and a problem solver
- Must be professional, dependable, and honest
- Must work well as part of a team, and leave ego at the
- You see value in understanding and participating in the
"business side" of the business, and you are able to perform
foundational business math, including addition, subtraction,
multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, and basic
- Familiarity with the following electronic systems is preferred
but not required: TripleSeat, Adobe InDesign, Dropbox, BaseCamp,
Paycor, ScheduleFly, Microsoft Office, Google platform applications
(i.e., Gmail, Calendar, Google Docs, etc), and videoconferencing
software (Zoom, Skype, GoTo Meeting, etc.).
- You must be able to lift and carry at least 25 pounds, climb
stairs, and stand/walk for extended periods of time.
Compensation: Salary + commission + benefits
- This position is a full-time, salaried, commission-eligible,
overtime-exempt position offering competitive pay and benefits.
Why Join Us?
We strive to create careers in hospitality, not just jobs. Our work
culture is rooted in high performance, respect, professional
growth, and connection to the community-and it is constantly
evolving to better serve our employees.
Here are some of the programs and benefits that we practice and
- Progressive, competitive wage model (no sub-minimum
- Insurance for full time employees: health, dental, vision,
life, and disability insurance
- Paid time off for all employees
- Employee Assistance Program, including free counseling
- Spanish language training programs, including free ESL
- Required DEI and sexual harassment training for all
- We encourage professional growth through regular check-ins,
annual performance reviews, cross-training, and promotion
It is the policy of AC Restaurants to provide equal employment
opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national
origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race,
religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with
regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. In
addition, AC Restaurants will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities.
Keywords: Ashley Christensen Restaurants, Raleigh , Events Sales Associate, Sales , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!