Patient Service Representative
Company: Allergy Partners
Posted on: January 15, 2022
With a customer service orientation register patients, answer
the telephone, prepare the office for the day, schedule patient
appointments, collect payment at the time of service, and post
charges and payments. Employee will balance all transactions daily
according to Allergy Partners policy and procedure. Employee will
schedule patient follow-up appointments and facilitate referral
requests and test scheduling.Responsibilities include, but are not
limited to, the following:
- Answers the telephone professionally and pleasantly.
Efficiently screens and directs calls and make appointments as
- Screens visitors and responds to routine requests for
information from patients and vendors.
- Maintains office equipment and office supplies in the front
- Ensures all faxes are cleared off the machine and are
distributed throughout the day. For those practices utilizing
electronic fax capabilities, ensures that electronic files are
- Opens, date stamps, and delivers mail daily as assigned.
- Assembles files and maintains integrity of patient charts. Runs
reports and prepares patient encounters for the next day. Responds
to medical records requests as appropriate.
- Keeps the patient reception area neat and clean at all times
throughout the day.
- Schedules patient appointments: explains to patients which
pieces of information they are to bring or complete prior to an
appointment, provides a range of potential charges for the visit
and the patients estimated financial obligation, provides patients
several scheduling options, follows approved scheduling guidelines,
prepares and send out all appropriate information to patients.
- Greets patients as they arrive for scheduled appointments.
Ensures registration forms and other patient paperwork is complete
and up to date.
- Verifies demographic and insurance information for new and
established patients, according to protocol; indexes insurance and
identification documentation into the practice management system as
- Check out patients and collect payment from patients at the
time of their visit and provides patients with a receipt.
Collection should be made on past due balances as well as current
dates of service. Arranges for payment plans according to Allergy
- Ensures proper posting of charges into the practice management
system daily as assigned.
- Balances daily over-the-counter transactions and reconciles
encounters with payment transactions; prepares deposit slip and
delivers "daily close" packet to the Manager or central
Administration as appropriate.
- Closes the office each day, according to protocol.
- Determines uncollectible balances and refers such accounts to
the Practice Manager.
- Assists in other front office duties at the request of the
- Facilitates any physician requests throughout the day.
- Maintains patient confidentiality; complies with HIPAA and
compliance guidelines established by Allergy Partners.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of practice management, electronic
medical record, and other computer software as it relates to job
- Assists the clinical staff in contacting emergency services and
participates in anaphylaxis drills as required. Helps to monitor
patient waiting areas and facilitates proper patient flow.
- Attends all regular staff meetings.
- Performs all other tasks and projects assigned by the Practice
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.Typical Physical
Position requires full range of body motion including manual and
finger dexterity and eye-hand
coordination. Involves standing and walking. Employee will
occasionally be asked to lift and
carry items weighing up to 30 pounds. Normal visual acuity and
hearing are required.
Employee will work under stressful conditions, and be exposed to
bodily fluids on a regular
basis.Typical Working Condition
Work is performed in a reception area, and involves frequent
contact with patients. Work may
be stressful at times. The employee must be comfortable dealing
with conflicts and asking
patients for money. Interaction with others is constant and
interruptive. Contact involves
dealing with sick people.EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
High school diploma required.QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: Minimum
of two years of experience in a medical office or customer service
- Proven success asking for payment, making change, and balancing
a cash drawer.
- Working knowledge of basic managed care terminology and
- Familiarity with scheduling and rearranging appointments
- Comfortable using email, word processing and interacting with
- Working knowledge of practice management and electronic health
record software. GE Centricity is a plus.
- Proven experience handling challenging patients/customers and
dealing with conflict in elevated/stressful situations.
- Ability to perform multiple and diverse tasks simultaneously
with accuracy and efficiency.
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Bi-lingual is a plus, not required
Keywords: Allergy Partners, Raleigh , Patient Service Representative, Sales , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!