GIS Business Analyst
Company: KCI Technologies
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Join our Asset Management Practice and be a part of a
cross-functional team dedicated to providing holistic
infrastructure asset management solutions. This exciting program
brings together engineers, planners, strategists, and technologists
to develop and implement scalable solutions in collaboration with
utilities, agencies, and owners. Our experienced Institute of Asset
Management-certified staff offers professional services founded on
the core principles of ISO 55000. We partner with client
organizations through the integration of people, process and
technology to develop practices aligned with client-specific needs
The most incredible thing that we have engineered is Our Team!
KCI is looking for smart and talented individuals to join our
growing team. At KCI, we believe the professional growth and
continuing education of our employees is an important investment in
our future. We are looking for dedicated team members that are
looking for more than just a job - they are looking for a way to
make a difference.
KCI Technologies, Inc. is a 100% employee-owned engineering,
consulting and construction firm serving clients throughout the
United States. KCI is recognized as an industry leader, employing
cutting-edge technologies, management practices and strategic
growth initiatives. Employee ownership fosters an entrepreneurial
spirit, encourages technical expertise, and shapes strategic
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES & OTHER
KCI is seeking a qualified GIS Business Analyst to support a
variety of projects in our Asset Management Practice. Business
Analysts at KCI seek to understand clients needs, and design and
implement analyses, processes, and technology improvements to solve
challenges, optimize operations, and plan for the future. The ideal
candidate will: possess excellent organization, problem solving,
communication skills; possess the ability to create and customize
training documentation, requirements documents, and process maps;
be an effective communicator/liaison with technical team, end
users, clients and stakeholders; be self-sufficient; and have
expertise in schema design, data leveraging, and GIS and BI
* Actively support project lifecycle activities, including
gathering requirements, database and user interface design,
testing, issue tracking, developing and delivering training,
implementation planning/execution and change management.
* Conduct needs assessment and business process analysis to
understand current business processes and recommend business
process improvements incorporating industry best practices.
* Partner with project and program managers to track the project
and update the schedule status regularly in accordance with
deliverable schedule and produce reports for stakeholders, senior
management, and project and program managers.
* Experience implementing GIS/IT solutions for clients, including
configuration of COTS products.
* Excellent organization, communication and writing skills. Ability
to create and customize training documentation, facilitate
requirements gathering workshops, lead activities related to
business process mapping, evaluation and improvement requirements
documents, planning documents, test plans, process maps.
* Experience with relational databases and access via SQL.
* Ability to understand and document integrations between
* Experience with Esri technology, including ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS
Collector, Survey123, ArcGIS Server, Portal and Pro.
* Familiarity with Asset Management solutions, including Cityworks,
Maximo and other out of the box solutions.
* Bachelors Degree or Graduate Degree in Environmental Science,
Geography, GIS, Computer Science, Information Technology or closely
* Minimum of 5 - 9 years of experience.
* Pre-employment drug screening is a condition of employment.
Background and motor vehicle checks may be required based upon
* Submit for approval and deliver timely annual Employee
Performance Appraisals for assigned staff
* Train adequate backup personnel to support your role in your
* Comply with all KCI policies and procedures
* Complete other duties as required/assigned
* Provide timely feedback to senior program manager/program
* Report technical issues in a timely manner to the senior program
manager/program manager, solution architect and application
* Work with project team to successfully deploy applications
* Achieve or exceed budgeted individual utilization target
* Attend bi-weekly(or more frequently as necessary) meetings with
project team on all projects/tasks
* Chart and provide project performance results
* Complete all tasks on time and within budget while fully meeting
* Meet monthly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program
manager/program manager to review project performance
* Meet weekly(or more frequently as necessary) with senior program
manager/program manager to review project budget status
* Prepare and submit monthly project completion report
* Report task completion status to senior program manager/program
* Conduct user acceptance testing
* Design new product documentation
* Design work sessions
* Develop new product wireframes
* Discuss technical aspects of projects with Senior Program
Manager/Program Manager and Developers
* Gather and document project requirements
* Provide application training to support successful adoption and
* Provide technical feedback to Senior Program Manager/Program
Manager, Solution Architect and Application Developers
KCI Technologies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Software Powered by iCIMS
Keywords: KCI Technologies, Raleigh , GIS Business Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!