Senior Analytics Analyst
Company: Builders Mutual
Posted on: August 17, 2019
Building solid, rewarding careers for 34 years!
At Builders Mutual, we take pride in creating a highly talented
team that is dedicated to serving the needs of the construction
industry. We are an exclusive leading writer of commercial
insurance products, headquartered in Raleigh, NC with a market that
includes the Mid-Atlantic and Southeast.
We care about PEOPLE.
We value TEAMWORK.
We deliver RESULTS.
Leverage your technical experience and join our expanding team in
this newly created role of Senior Analytics Analyst! This analyst
will be responsible for driving analysis, through the creation of
operational and financial reporting, executive dashboards and
providing recommendations with an innate focus on KPIs. The role
will also continually review the historical and on-going accuracy
and integrity of the Builders Data Warehouse (BDW) data and reports
generated from the BDW, identifying gaps and issues in core feeding
systems as well as in the design of updates to the BDW itself. The
senior analytics analyst will assist the IT team in the delivery of
accurate and timely information to the business in the form of SSRS
reports, data extracts and/or data marts. Reporting to the
Analytics Manager, the Senior Analytics Data Analyst will analyze,
design, develop, and implement business driven information
solutions in a Microsoft development environment.
Your WORK as a Senior Analytics Analyst will make a difference
- Performing business process analysis, including meeting with
business users, gathering and documenting user requirements and
developing test plans.
- Work collaboratively with development team and business
partners in defining, developing and implementing technology
solutions to improve business data analysis functions.
- Designing, developing, testing and implementing web-based and
SQL Server reporting applications that support the requirements
defined by users and analysts.
- Conduct data quality investigations and analyses, identifying
data quality issues, diagnosing root causes, and making
recommendations to management.
- Train the business users on Microsoft reporting tools and
understanding data mart content
- Developing and performing regular data quality checking
processes ensuring data from source systems is correctly flowing
through to data warehouse and other systems.
- Managing projects that revolve around data issues which will
include organizing and facilitating meetings with the appropriate
parties, constructing a resolution plan and ensuring issues get
resolved in a timely fashion.
- Assisting in the design, development and testing of SQL
reporting applications that support the requirements of projects or
ad-hoc requests defined by the business and provide backup to the
existing Reporting Analyst role.
- Identifying opportunities for innovation, productivity
improvement and savings
Skills to get the JOB done RIGHT:
- Bachelor's Degree preferably in technical field or equivalent
combination of education and experience in data analysis/reporting
and/or quality assurance.
- Must be proficient (5+ years) in SQL language and the
manipulation of data, preferably in SQL Server 2008 and above.
- Ability to work with and apply mathematical concepts to
practical situations such as probability and statistical
- Experience with Power BI and Qlikview
- A strong business acumen, proven expertise in oral/written
communication, the ability to compile and present information with
demonstrated analytical problem-solving and decision-making
capabilities using commercially available tools
- Effective communicator (verbal and written) and interpersonal
skills and with the ability to communicate with both business and
- Self-motivated and driven to improve quality of data and
- Background with business support in the Insurance
- Experience working with Data Warehouse teams with good
understanding of Data Warehouse modelling techniques is
- Ability to work evenings/weekends if necessary to complete
tasks or support nightly batch processes.
Our EMPLOYEE EXPERIENCE
- Competitive Compensation and Benefits Package
- Wellness program including On-site gym, yoga and fitness
- 37.5 Hour Work Week
- Do your best work, every day
- Modern and Collaborative workspace
- Builders University Classes
- Supportive and Collaborative work environment
- GIVEBACK volunteer programs
Keywords: Builders Mutual, Raleigh , Senior Analytics Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!