Company: Southern Industrial
Posted on: February 14, 2019
About us: Since 1962, Southern Industrial has helped install and maintain the manufacturing and industrial base that has fueled growth across the Southeast.
We have grown from a Carolinas-based crane and rigging company into the leading provider of turn-key industrial construction and plant maintenance services in the Southeast.
As part of EMCOR Group, Southern Industrial's ability to serve our customers is enhanced by EMCOR's financial strength and national presence.
Southern Industrial is seeking... Safety Technician Chiefly responsible for ensuring the highest possible level of operational safety and asset protection across designated job site, reducing and controlling SIC exposures to injury and accident risks and perils, while ensuring operational regulatory compliance with all appropriate state and federal regulations. Must possess at least OSHA 30 certification and 3-4 years construction field experience.
* Manage all contractor EH&S task related to rigging, mechanical, electrical and piping installations disciplines at large industrial manufacturing plant/campus in Lexington, SC.
* Task and knowledge include, but not limited to:
1. Implementation of SIC & customer EH&S procedures/protocols
2. Daily tool box talks
3. Manage and coordinate permits (hot work, JSA's, LOTO, etc) with crew and customer representatives
4. Perform and document daily audits/observations
5. Support project team with EH&S reporting and customer deliverables
6. Coordinate task specific training that may be required with SIC Project Manager, Crew and EH&S Management team
7. Identify, plan and coordinate the EH&S execution of hazardous work that exist within the work area.
8. Identify hazardous conditions and provide solutions to project team to implement procedures, tools and/or equipment to execute task safely
Reporting of daily crew size and members to ensure all employees are accounted for in the event of incident/evacuation
* Plans, directs and manages all Safety activities performed from designated Branch office with minimal direction from Corporate Management.
* Strengthens & develops site operating safety professionals.
* Conducts Health and Safety Training Programs and maintains all records as needed.
* Directs and conducts site facility walk-through inspections, safety audits and documentation reviews relative to OSHA, DOT, EPA, DHS regulations and reports findings to Corporate Management.
* Provides the leadership to develop and implement site-specific programs, plans and procedures for
meeting and exceeding Company health, safety & environmental performance goals.
* Develops and delivers tools to assist Branch and satellite locations in complying with federal and state regulations and Company policies.
* Interacts with Branch Management to develop mechanisms for Project Management involvement in all aspects of Branch and site safety.
* Coordinates with all functional areas within the Branch to assure safety, security, physical and environmental issues and procedures are fully understood and executed.
* Investigates the causes of all accidents and injuries, and completes reports as required. Uses Accidents/near misses, etc. as training to help prevent future occurrences.
* Coordinates the scheduling and participation of the Branch safety committee. Acts as an advisor for the committee.
* Inventories and maintains appropriate quantities of all necessary safety equipment and PPE.
* Other duties as assigned.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort:
Conditions include working in office, shop, busy traffic areas, warehouses, and undeveloped properties, with frequent exposure to dirt, dust, grease, oil, vibrations, and adverse weather conditions. Must be able to safely access all areas of property, buildings, structures, wharves, rooftops and other elevated positions, as well as, confined spaces. Must be able to effectively use all required PPE equipment and lift up to fifty pounds. Strenuous physical demands are required to safely perform the essential functions associated with this position. Must be able to safely operate all involved equipment and tools. Must be capable of standing for long periods of time, bending consistently, working in confined spaces with limited access, on ladders, in personnel lifts, in workboats, and working in awkward body positions.
*Nothing in this job description restricts the Company's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Southern Industrial, Raleigh , Safety Technician, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!