Senior Site Reliability Engineer
Company: Citrix Systems
Posted on: January 16, 2019
We believe work is not a place, but rather a thing you do. Our technology revolves around this core philosophy. We are relentlessly committed to helping people work and play from anywhere, on any device. Innovation, creativity and a passion for ever-improving performance drive our company and our people forward. We empower the original mobile device: YOU!
Citrix is rapidly developing and expanding its portfolio of large-scale cloud applications across all product lines, including app/desktop virtualization, networking, and content collaboration. These applications must deliver enterprise-grade performance, reliability, and integration while leveraging consumer internet economies of scale in multiple clouds (and in hybrid scenarios that reach behind the enterprise firewall). This requires excellent architecture and dev-ops process in software development, operations, and site reliability engineering.
We need you to:
- Work with the development teams to design scalable, robust systems using cloud architecture
- Build automation using industry tools (like Jenkins, Ansible, etc) to deploy hundreds of different services
- Ensure a high degree of availability across all of our service offerings
- Be proficient in one or more cloud providers, including AWS, Azure, GCP
- Identify bottlenecks and problems throughout the infrastructure
- Drive projects/technical initiatives and architectural/technical service improvements
You are a software engineer who knows how to apply engineering principles to operations. You have demonstrable experience managing or developing a multi-tenanted SaaS. You are well versed in a large number of technologies and welcome new tools and techniques. You work in conjunction with fellow developers and operations members to come to the best possible solution. You are always looking for patterns and ways to increase efficiency, eliminate downtime, optimize costs, and maintain performance at scale. You work to provide hands-on technical expertise to design, deploy, secure and optimize Cloud services.
You will be successful in this role if you:
- Prefer to build automation to perform redundant tasks rather than manually handling toil
- Enjoy pushing scalability to the limit with high throughput services
- Design solutions with failure in mind to ensure reliability
- Enjoy working with a large variety of services and technologies
- Like looking through metrics and logs as if it were a treasure hunt
- Avoid logging into servers directly and prefer using automation and aggregation to manage them
- Strive to be a responsible enabler rather than a \\"gate\\"
- Have industry experience with software/infrastructure architecture
Bonus points for:
- Experience with container technologies: Kubernetes, Docker
Citrix is a cloud company that enables mobile workstyles. We create a continuum between work and life by allowing people to work whenever, wherever, and however they choose. Flexibility and collaboration is what we re all about. The Perks: We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. You ll enjoy our workstyle within an incredible culture. We ll give you all the tools you need to succeed so you can grow and develop with us.
Citrix welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Reasonable accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the job application process, please contact us at (877) 924-8749 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
If this is an evergreen requisition, by applying you are giving Citrix consent to be considered for future openings of other roles of similar qualifications.
Citrix Systems, Inc. is firmly committed to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and to compliance with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit employment discrimination on the basis of age, race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status and other protected classifications.
Keywords: Citrix Systems, Raleigh , Senior Site Reliability Engineer, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!