Seasonal Animal Husbandry Technician
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Seasonal Animal Husbandry Technician - Raleigh, NC
Do you have experience working with animals in a research, hospital, or retail environment? Kelly Scientific Resources currently has a position available for an animal care technician in the Raleigh area with a well-known research facility. The ideal candidate will be able to work individually and with a team, have strong organizational skills and be able to multi-task.
This will be a temporary, seasonal first shift opportunity working primarily Monday - Friday with some weekend work as needed and the possibility of becoming permanent for the right person. The pay is set at $15.00/hour.
- Associates or Bachelors degree focused in animal science or life science field is preferred
- High School diploma or GED REQUIRED
- 0-2 years related experience working in a lab animal research environment or with small animals
- Previous Husbandry experience in professional, academic or domestic
- Intermediate computer skills, must be organized and able to multitask
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Animal laboratory husbandry (including feeding and watering, cleaning of animal pens, maintaining feed, bedding and supplies)
- Evaluate animal health, report abnormal conditions, monitor and provide simple clinical treatments as directed by a veterinarian
- Assist with studies up to and including providing restraint, lifting and sorting animals, administering injections, taking temperatures, collecting various samples, performing euthanasia and assisting in necropsy procedures
- Maintain accurate inventory of products and inventory records
- Follow all protocols, Good Laboratory Practices, and Standard Operating Procedures
With Kelly, youll have access to some of the worlds highest-regarded scientific organizations
providing you with opportunities to work on todays most challenging, research-intensive, and relevant
projects. Our connections can lead you to innovative scientific pursuits youll be proud to help
advance. We work with 95 of the Fortune 100 companies, and found opportunities for more than 9,000
scientific professionals last year.You pursued a career in science to fuel your quest for knowledge and your desire to make the world
a better place. Let Kelly fuel your careerconnect with us today.
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect
with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Raleigh , Seasonal Animal Husbandry Technician, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!