Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer
Company: Vaco Technology
Posted on: January 14, 2019
At Vaco, we connect professionals with excellent career growth opportunities! Our team helps you get the advantage over your competitors through our direct access to HR departments and hiring managers. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer. Apply with Vaco, and we will advocate on your behalf! We promote your strengths and experience and help prepare you for your interview by supplying you with key information about our client's background and expectations. We provide great insight about trends in the market and keep you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. The Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer, will be responsible for collecting, analyzing and reporting data. Ensuring the integrity of such data and generate reports that verify and document their accuracy. This is a Contract role with an expected duration of at least 6 months but with a potential of a longer contract. This position will be working in a deadline-oriented, fast-paced environment as part of a team consisting of consulting and operations staff. The teams' goal is to provide superior service to states and large school districts in the areas of special education management systems, data warehousing, federal claiming, and other programs. The Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer role revolves around technology, policy and financial management functions. The Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer will be responsible for reviewing, formatting, importing/exporting, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions to drive strategical and operational decision-making. The positions responsibilities include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables as well as designing and developing system embedded processes and manual verification methods for collecting and analyzing data. Responsibilities of the Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer role include:
- Compiling data and analyzing results
- Preparing and distributing reports
- Ensuring data integrity
- Developing and producing reports utilized in measuring data accuracy
- Assisting in the completion of appropriate client set-up and maintenance forms
- Supporting internal and external users
- Creating exception reports to identify fields of incorrect data
- Generating custom reports for internal and external clients
- Supporting the organization's quality program Position Overview: The Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer will be interacting with the Product Owner of Risk Data Mart and the Enterprise Data Management Team to organize current data in the banking and financial service industries. This position would do some of the hands-on work but would also be coordinating with the other DataStage or Cognos developers.
- The Business has a lot of EDW (Enterprise Data Warehouse) ongoing enhancements
- Consulting will be working with Business to prioritize these enhancements
- Cleaning up historical data
- Sharpening data SQL logic that happens before reporting
- SQL prototyping that demonstrates the output the Business wants to see  Position Requirements: Analytical Skills: Analysts work with large amounts of data: facts, figures and number crunching. Must have the ability to design and execute import and export processes as well as recognize the existence (or absence) of patterns in the data. This Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer requires strong SQL experience and thorough understanding.
- Communication Skills: Must communicate well with clients, team members, and ancillary resources. This includes both presenting ideas or findings, as well as drawing out client or team member key concerns or other relevant information.
- Attention to Detail: The conclusions drawn from this data analysis will drive critical departmental initiatives. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
- Software implementation activities including training, site preparation, and project management.
- Documents client discussions, gather requirements and engages technical team as it relates to the emerging data structure and reporting needs, in close partnership with the project leads
- Maintains data dictionaries, data flow diagrams, etc. for EDPlan reports and related functions
- Ability to dig in with the Business and asking a ton of insightful questions
- Previous experience utilizing Cognos, DB2, SQL - Structured Query Language
- Database skills- SQL knowledge is a necessary
- Strong analytical skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data
- Excellent organizational, oral presentation and written communication skills
- Research and project management capabilities preferred
- DataStage is their ETL tool, but the Consultant doesn't have to be DataStage expert (some experience or familiarity would be great) Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer Position Preferences:
- Cognos or other reporting background
- DB2 and Netezza familiarity
- Unix/ Linux
- Banking or Financial service background
- Loans/ ALS
- Customer data
- Credit Cards/ Deposits   Job #162269 - provided by Dice Analyst, Data Analyst, SQL, Data Engineer, EDW, Product Owner, Data flow diagrams, Unix, Linux, CIS, Cognos, Banking, Data consultant
Keywords: Vaco Technology, Raleigh , Data Analyst/ Data Consultant/ Data Engineer, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!