Senior Cyber Security Analyst
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: May 26, 2023
Description: As a critical and senior member of the Information
Security team, the Senior Cyber Security Analyst works closely with
the management, business units, enterprise applications and
infrastructure teams to ensure network availability, network/system
security and data security for the credit union. The position will
provide coverage, at times, for some systems administration duties.
This position supports the Information Security practice within the
credit union by providing 2nd and 3rd tier support related to
security and identity related incidents and requests. A primary
function of this role is to process incoming work tickets,
triaging, resolving and redirecting them as necessary.Normal
- Lead ongoing analysis of security tools and evaluate available
technology capabilities against the security needs of the credit
- Provide daily data displaying the overall security coverage for
specific platforms which shall be reported in appropriate
- Provide network defense system architecture, installation and
configuration support by identifying, developing and facilitating
implementation of initiatives and programs designed to enhance the
security of the credit union's network and data assets.
- Ensure network security access and protect against unauthorized
access, modification, or destruction of data that are critical to
enable achievement of information security program goals and
- Reviews, develops, tests, and implements security plans,
products, and control techniques as well document security policies
- Draft and update existing documentation to include tactics,
techniques and standard operating procedures and security controls
for all hardware/software used on the network.
- Provide technical expertise in development and support of
Information Security and operational activities, processes, and
tools for protecting technology-based information.
- Assist with enterprise-wide establishment, and maintenance of
data, security-related infrastructure, applications, and
- Lead response and investigation efforts in cyber security
incidents and design corrective actions.
- Perform software security analysis during software approval
processes for the credit union and provide recommendations
- Review, respond to and work to mitigate findings from internal
and external penetration tests and audits.
- Works with Enterprise Applications and Enterprise Architecture
teams to design security services and recommend security
architecture improvements. Job Qualifications Here are a few skills
you MUST have to be considered for this position.
- 7-9 years general Information Technology experience working in
a mid-size to enterprise environment.
- 3-5 years advanced Cyber Security experience required,
including knowledge of security assessment and penetration testing
- Solid experience working with security technologies including
firewalls, IPS/IDS, NAC, EDR, proxies, and other products to secure
- Advanced knowledge of network monitoring, SEIM, and incident
response/threat hunting tools.
- Ability to function in a business office environment and
utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to: PC,
copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Travel required on occasion. Here are a few qualifications we'd
LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or other
engineering or technical discipline.
- CEH, GWAPT, GPEN, OSCP, GSEC, GCIH, GMON, GCWN, GCIA and/or GSE
- Experience interpreting and implementing cyber security
- Advanced knowledge of network administration and
- Strong experience with digital forensics on host or network
from malware perspective, ability to identify anomalous behavior on
network and/or endpoint devices.
- Experience with Security Orchestration Automation and Response
- Experience with processes, tools, techniques and practices for
assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, altering
and protecting organizational data.About the Civic and LGFCU
CultureOur organizations believe we can all do well by doing good.
We value the contributions of diverse minds and prioritize the
success and wellbeing of our employees. We also believe every
person in our organization plays a role in supporting a healthy
environment and helping to achieve our goal of prosperity for all.
To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented people to be
members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic workplace that
presents opportunities for professional advancement and individual
growth. We strive to always display integrity, self-awareness,
courage and respect for one another while continuing to seek
opportunities to learn. We really believe that when our employees
succeed, our community wins. If you have questions about this
position description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our
HR at:LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake Forest Road Raleigh, NC 27609
firstname.lastname@example.orgRequirements:Please see job
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Senior Cyber Security Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...