Business Systems Analyst
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: March 19, 2023
As a member of the Business Integrations team, the Business
Systems Analyst will help support the Credit Union's core banking
systems and applications. This position performs business and
systems analysis and serves as a liaison between one or more
business units and IT. This role will lead all aspects of
requirements analysis, traceability and testing for enhancements
and projects of small and medium complexity while supporting those
functions for larger initiatives. This position will also perform
day-to-day operational support.
Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Identify stakeholders across business units, the Technology
Department and external vendors and facilitate
discussions/workshops with the purpose of eliciting and
understanding information at the right level of detail and scope to
represent all stakeholder's needs, requirements and
- Apply project and change management methodology to manage and
coordinate activities across business and technology teams, while
accurately identifying, documenting, and mitigating project and
change risk items.
- Identify and communicate key responsibilities and processes to
effectively coordinate and roll out system changes and releases for
testing, obtain required business and technical approvals as
- Develop and maintain schedules/calendars, change timelines,
meeting agendas, meeting minutes and communicate all required
information for deployment, maintenance, support, and business
functionality to stakeholders
- Communicate requirements and issues effectively to the
technical team to solve issues in a timely manner
- Explore and experiment with different approaches to improve
business and technical processes that best leverage technology,
increase productivity and business automation.
- Monitor industry trends and maintain an understanding of
relevant industry standards, best practices, business processes and
technology used within related business areas to ensure compliance
with policy, vendor contractual requirements, procedures, and that
the technology utilized is meeting credit union's needs in the most
efficient, cost-effective manner.
- Update and maintain technical core banking process and support
documentation, provide system support, troubleshoot issues,
identify solutions and assist in defining the business processes
and work flows for core banking systems.
- Provides active support for production systems with accurate
problem analysis, alignment with strategic initiatives, and
background summary of incidents that require technical resolution
to the appropriate team. Job Qualifications
Here are a few skills you MUST have to be considered for this
- Minimum 1 to 3 years related experience acting as a liaison
between IT and business units.
- Must possess excellent organizational, analytical and
- In-depth knowledge of business analysis, reporting of business
data, problem identification, resolution, and root cause analysis
within business systems/applications.
- Sound practice in documenting requirements, business use cases,
process flow diagrams and designing for best use for the
- Must have outstanding attention to detail and ability to learn
complex processes that affect various functions and business units
within the credit union.
- Ability to function in a consumer business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Minimal travel required and must be able to work flexible hours
and weekends. Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have
to make you more suited for this position.
- BA/BS Business, Information Systems Management, Information
Technology or related field degree with an emphasis on technical
systems and business management or analysis.
- Experience in a finance industry or other financial
- Experience creating and executing SQL scripts in a live
- Experience with administration of Fiserv DNA or comparable core
- Demonstrated facilitation, presentation skills, and strong
- Adept at conducting research to understand system functionality
and translate into business requirements.
- Ability to analyze and generate business requirements by
conceptualizing processes and accurately represent systems and
platform capabilities to business stakeholders.
About the LGFCU Culture
If you are working here, or considering working here, you should
know a little something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace
that highly values the contributions of a diverse group of people.
We believe if we put our heads and hands together, we can
accomplish amazing feats for our members. To this end, we recruit
bright, energetic and talented people to be members of our team. In
return, we offer a dynamic work place that presents opportunities
for advancement and learning new skills. We really believe that
when our employees succeed, members win.
If you have questions about this position description, please feel
welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:
LGFCU Human Resources
323 West Jones Street, Suite 600
Raleigh, NC 27603
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Business Systems Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...