Financial Forecasting Analyst
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The individual who excels in this position will advance financial
forecasting, modeling, and analysis to support financial
management, senior management decision making and enterprise
strategies. In addition, the analyst will provide financial
forecasting, modeling, and reporting to support Civic FCU's
business/operational needs. Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Update financial forecast and analysis monthly, or more
frequently as needed, in collaboration with various teams; run
financial forecast in the ALM model (ZM) and deliver related
- Develop, maintain, and enhance financial models (Excel and ZM)
including modeling inputs, assumptions, methodology, back-testing,
- Perform financial projections and analysis to support balance
sheet management, business case / project analysis, and strategic
- Support the annual financial budgeting process.
- Actively monitor and analyze trends of key financial metrics
and the underlying drivers. Understand financial performance
against forecast, and the reasons for variances.
- Follow industry trends and conduct benchmark/peer analysis.
Collect, research, and analyze internal and external data to gain
actionable insights in support of financial modeling and
- Perform financial modeling and scenario analysis as requested
- Support ALM, capital management, performance measurement and
balance sheet optimization.
- Production and ongoing delivery of PowerPoint presentations and
reporting for Senior and Executive Management, the Board, and its
related sub-committees at both LGFCU and Civic FCU, as well as
external reporting materials to support requirements of credit
union regulators, accounting firms and any other authoritative
- Document work processes and models used for financial
forecasting and analysis purposes.
- Support loan and deposit pricing analytics and associated
recommendations.Job QualificationsHere are a few skills you MUST
have to be considered for this position.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in finance, economics,
business, accounting, mathematics, statistics, or engineering.
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant experience in finance,
financial forecasting, modeling, and analysis.
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
Attention to detail. Exhibit high standards of accuracy.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint.
- PC proficient including Microsoft Office (Word, Access,
Outlook) and the Internet.
- Ability to function in a commercial business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
printer).Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to
make you more suited for this position.
- Possession or work towards advanced degrees in finance,
economics, business, accounting, mathematics, statistics,
engineering, or related quantitative fields.
- Possession or progress towards Chartered Financial Analyst
- minimum of 1 to 3 years of bank or credit union finance
- Familiarity with financial statements, financial forecasting,
modeling, cost-benefit analysis, valuation analysis and cash-flow
analysis, preferably related to banking and financial
- Ability to work with large, complex data sets; experience with
statistical tool such as SAS.
- A self-starter who can accomplish all responsibilities with
- Ability to work independently yet collaborate
cross-functionally in a team environment.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities, projects, and
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Strong presentation skills.About the LGFCU CultureIf you are
working here, or considering working here, you should know a little
something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly
values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe
if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing
feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic
and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer
a dynamic workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and
learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees
succeed, members win.If you have questions about this position
description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR
at:LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake Forest Rd. Raleigh, NC 27609
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Financial Forecasting Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!