Senior Credit Portfolio Analyst
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Senior Credit Portfolio Analyst is responsible for the entire
credit portfolio monitoring process related to both commercial and
consumer, including the consistent application of credit policies
and periodic credit reviews of existing members. The person
successful in the role assesses asset quality of the assigned
credit portfolio(s), develops and assesses views of the portfolio
composition and its risk drivers and undertakes analyses and
investigations into key risk concentrations while ensuring the
financial institution's credit granting policies are being closely
followed. Additionally, this person is responsible for compliance
requirements within the portfolio(s) with respect to AML, CRA/HMDA,
Reg B and other regulatory/compliance requirements. The Senior
Credit Portfolio Analyst will promote business for the Credit Union
by maintaining good member and vendor relations and refers
potential business to appropriate departments and business units
for new services.Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Creates, updates and implements policies, guidelines and
procedures, for both member business and consumer credit portfolio
- Manages the assigned portfolio(s) by monitoring performance,
concentration levels and trends, proactively defining member credit
solutions, identifying issues and developing remediation,
underwriting and approving credit as designated. Work with assigned
Loan Officers as needed to reduce risk in the portfolio(s).
- Provide support to the Member Business Lending Credit Manager
and Consumer Credit Manager as needed approving within designated
lending authority both business and consumer credit
- Ensures covenant testing, tracking and exception clearing goals
are met for annual reviews.
- Ensures all credit process metrics are within prescribed
tolerances; ensures all required documentation is complete and on
file for all approvals and reviews.
- Maintains credit scoring model, accepts or rejects credit
recommendations, monitors periodic credit reviews, reviews customer
files that require annual term loan financial statement/tax return
updates and recommends loan grade changes. Monitors deductions
being taken by members, credit granting and updates
- Ensures compliance with all applicable laws and regulations
concerning member business lending and consumer lending. Mediates
disputes with members while adhering to processes and procedures,
ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Closely following industry trends, recommends changes in the
member business lending and consumer credit policy, credit analysis
and timeliness of credit decisions to senior management. Adheres to
and interprets financial calculations and ratios as required under
each credit policy.
- Undertakes special projects related to job function as
determined by senior management.
- Proactively builds strong and effective partnerships with all
business partners and engage members in credit discussions.Job
QualificationsHere are a few skills you MUST have to be considered
for this position.
- Minimum 4 to 6 years of commercial credit experience.
- Experience with credit procedures, policies and
- Knowledge of bankruptcy law applicable to commercial/ consumer
lending and real estate lending relating to owner-occupied
commercial property, commercial, construction and office.
- Ability to function in a consumer business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
- Travel required on occasion. Here are a few qualifications we'd
LIKE you to have to make you more suited for this position.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Business
or related field required.
- Prefer a minimum of 1-3 years of commercial and consumer credit
experience at a Credit Union.
- Demonstrated underwriting experience with both non and
for-profit entities as well as sound understanding of financial
- Experience researching developments in loan and credit
legislation and implementing new policies.
- Technical background and on-going maintenance of loan
origination systems (LOS).
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to work in a team
environment.About the LGFCU CultureIf you are working here, or
considering working here, you should know a little something about
the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly values the
contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe if we put
our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing feats for
our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic and talented
people to be members of our team. In return, we offer a dynamic
workplace that presents opportunities for advancement and learning
new skills. We really believe that when our employees succeed,
members win.If you have questions about this position description,
please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR at:LGFCU Human
Resources 3600 Wake Forest RoadRaleigh, NC 27609
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , Senior Credit Portfolio Analyst, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!