Lead Functional Analyst
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Location: Cary, NC
Role Value Proposition:
MetLife is the leading provider of Group Benefits. The Disability
Evolution Delivery organization is a diverse team of technologists,
all working towards the common goal of ensuring the customer is at
the center of everything we do.
As a Lead Functional Analyst in the Disability Evolution
organization, you will be responsible for the Solution design of
cross functional, multi-application, hybrid-cloud platform to solve
complex business problems for our Group Disability customers and
their employees. Your primary goal will be to elicit and understand
business requirements, and to work with the business product owners
and the application development teams to deliver a great customer
- Collaborate with prospective users and clients to understand
and anticipate their needs and translate them into product
- Create a product road map and backlog based on this
- Engage in all stages of product creation including design and
development and provide necessary clarifications.
- Apply user-centered design thinking throughout the analysis and
- Lead a team of product owners to represent MetLife needs, bring
back vendor issues/enhancements and lead analysis of impact to
- Work with business product owners and application development
teams to establish and implement the right solutions
- Participate in discovery sessions to observe, document, and
validate business processes and capture key insights
- Elicit, analyze, document functional and nonfunctional
- Create user stories and wireframes to conceptualize future
states for user experience, new or enhanced services, and business
cases. Defining acceptance criteria.
- Monitor performance, identifying underlying problems,
researching potential solutions, and propose necessary
- Lead the implementation, testing, integration and issue
resolution around the digital solutions.
- Identifies new software/service/functions to be developed and
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 8-10 years as a Business Systems/Functional Analyst or a
Consultant creating technology solutions
- BA/BS degree required, major in related field preferred.
- Expert skills in requirements elicitations, and analysis.
- Experience creating requirements documentation: Use Cases, User
- Experience doing analysis using data (queries, excel, other
- Experience in agile methodologies.
- Problem analysis & resolution experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with focused
attention to details, as well as, demonstrated professionalism and
time/task management skills; ability to establish strong
- Functional knowledge of Disability and Absence benefits and
- Working knowledge of Azure boards, Jira or similiar tool
- Experience implementing web based applications solutions
- Strong Ability to document and create mocks/prototypes for team
- Experience with Design Thinking.
- BSA / Functional Analysis certification.
- Intermediate SQL Skills
- Experience with backlog grooming and helping teams estimate
- Development of an enterprise application or platform from the
- Experience with design of APIs, Integrations, and data
- Prior development experience
- Experience with FINEOS or similar benefits/payments processing
- Experience setting best practices, and providing oversight to
other BSA's Business Category
Global Tech and Operations
Less than 10%
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we're leading the global transformation of an industry
we've long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective,
we're dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our
MetLife, through its subsidiaries and affiliates, is one of the
world's leading financial services companies, providing insurance,
annuities, employee benefits and asset management to help its
individual and institutional customers navigate their changing
world. Founded in 1868, MetLife has operations in more than 40
countries and holds leading market positions in the United States,
Japan, Latin America, Asia, Europe and the Middle East.
We are one of the largest institutional investors in the U.S. with
$642.4 billion of total assets under management as of March 31,
2021. We are ranked on the Fortune 500 list for 2021. In 2020, we
were named to the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) for the
fifth year in a row. DJSI is a global index to track the leading
sustainability-driven companies. We are proud to have been named to
Fortune magazine's 2021 list of the "World's Most Admired
MetLife is committed to building a purpose-driven and inclusive
culture that energizes our people. Our employees work every day to
help build a more confident future for people around the world.
We want to make it simple for all interested and qualified
candidates to apply for employment opportunities with MetLife. For
further information about how to request a reasonable
accommodation, please click on the Disability Accommodations link
MetLife is a proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative
Action employer dedicated to attracting, retaining, and developing
a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment at MetLife without regards to
race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or
related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or
domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship
status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
Requisition #: 124414
Keywords: MetLife, Raleigh , Lead Functional Analyst, Professions , Wendell, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!