Facilities Maintenance Technician
Company: KinderCare Education
Posted on: September 23, 2022
Working with KinderCare Learning Companies means using your
outstanding talents to help set the foundation for lifelong
learners, where you can collaborate with colleagues, grow and
learn, and positively impact the families we serve.
With over 50 years of experience, 30,000+ employees, and more than
2,000 early learning center programs, we are the most accredited
leaders in early childhood education. Together, we create
environments where kids grow and thrive. As one of only four
companies to receive the Gallup Exceptional Workplace Award six
times, we're confident that you can grow and thrive here, too. We
can't wait to meet you.
Technicians are responsible for the following: ongoing maintenance
at assigned centers; reacting to emergency situations as they
arise; completing preventive maintenance as directed by immediate
supervisor; and ensuring that centers are maintained in a safe,
inviting condition. Technicians are also responsible for engaging
local vendors for the purpose of completing repairs they cannot do.
Technicians may be called upon to assist in inspections of
renovations and new construction.
- Responsible for preventive and reactive maintenance in multiple
child care facilities
- Physically complete repairs as needed and requested through
work orders submitted by center staff
- Operate a laptop computer/tablet and smartphone for the
purposes of collecting work orders, producing schedules and
submitting time records;
- Comfortable with the Microsoft Office Suite;
- Operates a company vehicle for the purpose of completing
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Regular schedule is Monday-Friday Daytime hours
- Flexible to work some evenings or weekends as needed or
- Some overnight travel possible, not required in all areas
- High school diploma/GED required
- Trade/vocational training preferred or three years of on the
job experience in maintenance under the same or similar working
- Detail oriented and organized
- Must be able to manage time efficiently
- Knowledge of child care facilities helpful but not
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Qualify to operate a company vehicle based on a motor vehicle
record check and company requirements
- Must pass national and state criminal background checks Our
benefits meet you where you are. We're here to help our employees
navigate the integration of work and life:
- Know your whole family is supported with discounted child care
- Breathe easy with medical, dental, and vision benefits for your
family (and pets, too!).
- Feel supported in your mental health and personal growth with
employee assistance programs.
- Feel great and thrive with access to health and wellness
programs, unlimited paid time off and discounts for work
necessities, such as cell phones.
- and much more. At KinderCare Learning Companies you'll use your
skills and expertise to help craft and contribute to our shared
mission of supporting communities and encouraging lifelong
learners. From our teachers to our cooks to our financial analysts,
we are all passionate about crafting a world of learning, happiness
and adventure for more than 150,000 children every day.
As the first national early childcare education provider to achieve
the WELL Health-Safety Rating from the International WELL Building
Institute, we continue to follow the latest science-backed and
evidence-based strategies for maintaining a safe and worry-free
Our highest priority has always been to keep our employees,
children, families, and communities as safe and healthy as
possible. KinderCare highly encourages its employees to be
vaccinated against COVID-19 to protect themselves and their
communities. We are proud to provide paid time off for employees to
receive the COVID-19 vaccine. We are also subject to state law,
local ordinances, and Health Department requirements for employees
working in child care, school facilities, and corporate work
We truly believe that everyone belongs in our circle, and everyone
deserves to be celebrated for who they are. By partnering with
underrepresented groups and experts in DEI, we are identifying
areas to improve and forging a path forward through accountability,
compassion, accessibility, and inclusion.
KinderCare Learning Companies is an Equal Opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion,
disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran
status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected
by local, state, or federal law.
Primary Location : Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
Job : Corporate
Keywords: KinderCare Education, Raleigh , Facilities Maintenance Technician, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!