Multifamily Director of Construction
Posted on: June 25, 2022
If you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with
experience, please read on and email your background over to
What You Will Be Doing
- Manages the activities associated with development and new
construction projects by reviewing project specifications,
blueprints, and plans, providing input into preparing hard cost
estimates and project budgets, determining the staffing
requirements and assigning team members and sub-contractors to
jobs, and managing the day-to-day progress of the project from
initial construction through delivery.
- Participates in and/or leads initial and on-going project
planning meetings, assists in developing the projects scope of work
and specifications, and prepares the project budget, timeline, and
- Prepares and distributes bid packages, reviews and evaluates
bids and proposals from suppliers, vendors, and sub-contractors,
develops, negotiates, and approves contracts for selected
contractors, sub-contractors, and other service providers needed to
complete the project work.
- Reviews and recommends change orders or amendments to the
specifications, blueprints, and plans when appropriate, and ensures
related documents and budgets are amended as needed to reflect
changes to the project specifications.
- Oversees compliance with the Companys safety standards and
applicable codes and other legal and regulatory requirements by
staying informed about relevant codes and ordinances and permit
requirements, and by preparing and/or submitting required
documentation and other information to appropriate agencies.
- Communicates with key business leaders to provide updates on
the status of projects, surface and address concerns, and plan
specific actions as needed to ensure the on-time and on-budget
completion of the projects.
- Develops and supervises team members by interviewing, hiring,
orienting, and training employees, and manages their performance in
accordance with Company policies, values, and business
- Conducts project site inspections as needed to monitor progress
and support project-assigned team members, steps in as needed to
address and resolve issues and problems, and recommends, approves,
and implements modifications to the project plans, schedule,
staffing, or budget as needed.
- Completes various human resources, financial, administrative,
and other reports and analysis, and performs other duties as
assigned or as necessary.
What You Need for this Position
- 10+ years of experience in construction management and field
operations with experience overseeing similar projects from initial
construction through delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in multi-family, wood framing,
structural concrete, construction projects
- 3rd party general contractor experience is a plus
- Strong, time management, leadership and decision-making
- Ability to be highly organized, in day-to-day and long-term
planning and execution, and to track and maintain complex schedules
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the
ability to effectively delegate and negotiate.
Skills And Specialized Knowledge
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good understanding of mechanical, electrical and plumbing
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means
- Thorough knowledge of legal issues and safety standards is
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Good client management and goodwill building ability
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making
- Capacity to handle pressure
- Willingness to travel extensively across the construction
- Physical and mental fitness is a given
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office,
including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Knowledge and experience in Prolog or similar Project
Management Software is a plus
- Maintain company confidentiality
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus
What's In It for You
We Are Willing To Offer Excellent Compensation Projects
- Competitive base salary (DOE)
- Strong bonus structure
- Gas and Cell Allowance
- PTO & Sick Leave
- 401(k) retirement plan
- And more...
So, if you are a Multifamily Director of Construction with
experience, please apply today!
Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and
going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to
apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You
must keep the JobID: linkedin : JQ1-1691386 -- in the email subject
line for your application to be considered.***
Jon Quickel - Recruiting Manager - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.
CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by law.
Your Right to Work - In compliance with federal law, all persons
hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work
in the United States and to complete the required employment
eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Keywords: CyberCoders, Raleigh , Multifamily Director of Construction, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!