Maintenance Technician - Waterstone at Brier Creek
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionOur multi-family community in Raleigh, NC
currently has a full-time Maintenance Technician opening. The
Maintenance Technician will work with the Maintenance Manager and
Community Manager in keeping the community maintained and in
operating in excellent condition.Independence Realty Trust, Inc
(NYSE: IRT) is a real estate investment trust that owns and
operates multifamily apartments. IRT currently manages over 36,000
apartment homes, 120+ communities, in over 30 markets and 14 of the
country's most desirable states. IRT has a strong commitment to
hiring the most talented industry professionals, which has resulted
in record growth, making the Company one of the most respected and
trusted within our industry.Are you ready to join our team? To
research us in more detail, visit
- Work with the Maintenance Manager and Community Manager in
keeping the community maintained and in operating condition.
- Perform light repairs to electric, plumbing, carpentry, pool,
HVAC, appliances and other housing related repairs.
- Follow company maintenance safety and operational programs,
policies, and perform preventative maintenance.
- Communicate with the community staff and management regarding
potential delays, part shortages or any other issues specific to
performing timely and accurate maintenance.
- Perform property and common area inspections and report any
damage or maintenance work that may need to be performed.
- Assist in any maintenance or cosmetic related tasks to get an
apartment in "make ready" condition.Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college level courses
- General understanding of light repair on electric, plumbing,
carpentry and HVAC.
- A/C Certification I & II required. CPO Certificate preferred or
ability to obtain within first 90 days of employment.
- Maintain complete working knowledge of Fair Housing laws, rules
- Ability to lift and carry up to 45 lbs., and occasionally lift
and carry up to 80 lbs. Ability push and pull appliance dolly up to
200 lbs., move objects from one floor to another
- Ability to bend/stoop, climb stairs, kneels, balance, reach
above shoulder height, walk and twist, have a reliable vision,
hearing and speech with or without corrective devices such as
glasses, hearing aid, etc.
- Maintain a professional appearance and be courteous & helpful
to residents, prospective residents, co-workers, vendors, etc. and
be able to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Position may require the ability to work any of the seven days
of the week, 52 weeks of the year and may also require working
on-call hours, as scheduled or as necessary.What IRT Offers:We
provide all staff a great employment experience, great benefits,
opportunities, and a great culture. We believe in investing in our
team by providing our employees with the tools and support to
achieve their goals. Compensation
- Competitive compensation package
- Monthly, quarterly, and annual bonus opportunities in addition
- Overtime and On Call pay in addition to salary (depending on
- Stock Awards granted in first year – All employees are owners
- Stock Dividends paid quarterly on vested stock
- Discounted rent availableTime Off
- 15 Paid Time Off days (PTO) in a calendar year
- 19.5 Paid Time Off days (PTO) in a calendar year after 2
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Early dismissal the day prior to select holidaysHealth
Insurance & Wellness
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield Medical Insurance for individual and/or
- Dental and Vision Coverage for individual and/or family
- 100% company paid Employee Wellness Program
- 100% company paid Short and Long-Term Disability
- 100% company paid Life and AD&D InsuranceRetirement
- 100% company match on employee 401k contributions up to 4% of
- Company 401k match is immediate vested – no vesting or waiting
periodCulture & Opportunity
- Owner/Operator – No third-party management
- Staff Appreciation events and many other company
- Women's Mentoring Initiatives
- Diversity and Inclusion Initiatives
- Sustainability Initiatives
- Staff Learning and Education events
- 100% company paid industry certifications & Training such as
CAM, CALP, and more.
- Career Paths, Job Growth & Advancement available. 10%-15% of
staff receive promotions annually
- Annual Performance and Compensation reviews
- Highly engaged management who promote teamwork and individual
- Long-standing business success and employment stability
Independence Realty Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture. We consider
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, familial,
marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally
Keywords: IRT, Raleigh , Maintenance Technician - Waterstone at Brier Creek, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!