Full Time Maintenance Tech
Company: Life Storage
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Salary Range: $22.00-$24.00 per hourReports to Project Manager
and leads key initiatives in an assigned geographical territory to
ensure the effective, efficient, and timely delivery and
fulfillment of LSI's line of services. Performs preventive
maintenance and corrective repairs on buildings, equipment and
grounds. Utilizes multiple trade skills such as carpentry,
plumbing, electrical, painting, roofing, HVAC, and other skills as
needed to solve maintenance problems. Maintains commercial
properties by self-performing the following duties.Essential Duties
- Performs assigned work orders according to schedule. Obtains
necessary materials and supplies to complete all tasks.
- Attends weekly toolbox safety meetings with Area Manager and
other associates. Utilizes mandatory safety equipment to perform
tasks. Obtains and completes LSI required training.
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance on existing systems e.g.
unclog toilets and drains, repair leaks in drains and faucets,
replace toilets and faucet fixtures as needed, etc.
- Perform routine painting, carpentry work, etc., as necessary to
maintain our facilities in like new condition e.g. repair a hole in
drywall, prep the area, and match the paint to present a uniform
and original like new appearance.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance as allowed without a
license within state law requirements e.g. repair or replacement of
fixtures, wall switches, and outlets. Replace light bulbs, ballasts
and sockets if necessary.
- Perform routine HVAC preventive maintenance e.g. clean or
change filters, clean condenser & evaporator coils, flush
condensate lines, replace worn belts, inspect ducts for mold, dust
& debris, observe humidity levels.
- Completes defined field inspections to incorporate feedback on
supplier effectiveness and customer feedback. Includes service
inspections, and asset inspections.
- Meets and/or exceeds Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for
internal metrics to measure safety performance, completed field
inspections, effective use of technology, etc. Identifies out of
scope work opportunities and presents to Area / Project Manager for
- Creates a positive climate with the Store Teams, provides and
generates customer satisfaction. Maintains timely and consistent
communications with Area Manager, Project Manager and all
- Estimates time and materials needed to complete repairs and
works with the Area / Project Manager so they can perform within
our basic dollar approval limit.
- Fully utilizes technology (routing software, tablets,
handhelds, and company vehicles) to drive productivity and
continuous improvement to our properties.
- Completes other duties as assigned or required.
- Daily local travel between properties.Qualifications:
- HS diploma or Degree/Certification, or equivalent professional
experience in Facilities Management or Trades (Electrical, HVAC,
Plumbing, etc.) preferred.
- Two to five years mechanical experience, including electrical,
plumbing, carpentry required; or equivalent combination of
training, education, and experience. Any combination of education,
training, and experience which demonstrates ability to perform the
duties and responsibilities as described including related work
experience in one or more of the building trades. Past background
in the landscape, janitorial or construction-related services
industries highly preferred.
- Must possess applicable certifications and valid driver's
license in good standing with a clean driving record acceptable to
LSI and its insurance carrier. LSI will verify the clean driving
record during a background check.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to
speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of
- Complete assigned work orders in a timely manner and
communicate work order status via our handheld or other designated
- Ability to use and operate handheld device and business systems
or document managementLife1234
Keywords: Life Storage, Raleigh , Full Time Maintenance Tech, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!