Sr. Shipper Receiver
Company: Grifols Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Do you want to join an international team working to improve the
future of healthcare? Do you want to improve the lives of millions
of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company which, since its
foundation in Barcelona in 1909, has been working to improve the
health and well-being of people all over the world. Our four
divisions - Bioscience, Diagnostic, Hospital and Bio Supplies -
develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and
services in more than 100 countries and regions.
Shift: 2nd Shift
Hours: Monday - Thursday 3:30pm to 2:00am
The Shipper Receiver is responsible for performing the physical
tasks involved in the receiving, storing, and shipping of raw
materials, products, equipment, and samples by unpacking and
checking goods received against purchase orders or invoices,
maintains records of received goods, rejecting damaged items where
necessary and picking, packing, staging and loading
temperature-sensitive finished goods for shipment to distribution
partners and customers.
Primary responsibilities for role:
* Unload inbound freight, verify accuracy of shipper's and
carriers' counts, verify condition of goods received. Notes any
discrepancies and brings to the attention of the supervisor. Sorts
and labels raw materials according to procedures.
* Prepares receiving records for and delivers incoming
non-inventory items to departments and obtains receipt for goods
delivered. Maintains files of delivery receipts for non-inventory
* Selects, picks, labels and delivers off-tested inventory items to
manufacturing in accordance to procedures and sanitizes as
* Prepares outbound freight for shipment. Includes marking and
strapping cases and paperwork preparation. Picking orders, packing
according to customer request, special marking and delivery if
needed. Prepares Bills of Ladings and transportation documents.
Performs TSA screening in accordance with TSA protocols and Grifols
policies and procedures.
* Loads outbound freight. Obtains carriers signatures for outbound
goods. Sets up special pickup and delivery at any time
* Move on-test finished goods from packaging to B100 on-test area.
Move off-test finished goods to proper storage areas. Verifies
count of finished goods received to off-test document. Reports
discrepancies to supervisor. Takes inventory and cycle counts to
ensure inventory accuracy.
* Apply stickering to US labeled product identified for export.
Prepare and pack frozen export paste shipments with dry ice in a +5
degree cold room.
* Maintains work area in a clean and safe condition and documents
cGMP housekeeping logs.
* Safely operate fork trucks and shuttle trucks.
* Use SAP and SAP Console to perform inventory functions.
* Must be familiar with plant hazardous materials procedures.
* Maintains forklift batteries as to proper charge and water
* Collects empty wooden pallets from plant corridors and moves
serviceable and unserviceable pallets to the warehouse. May help
load unserviceable pallets when they are to be removed.
* Maintains warehouse housekeeping to meet GMP requirements,
including skylights, docks and etc.
* Handles return goods, segregating product awaiting QO disposition
or return to stock according to procedures.
* Prepares and ensures accuracy of outbound freight for shipment.
Includes marking and strapping cases and paperwork preparation.
Picking orders, packing according to customer request and
specifications, special marking and delivery as required.
* Responsible for accuracy of outbound freight. Sets up special
pick-up and delivery at any time requested.
* Responsible for storage, withdrawl and delivery of hazardous raw
material throughout the facility.
Knowledge, skills & abilities:
* Must pass a Security Threat Analysis by TSA for this
* Must possess a valid drivers license.
* Requires basic computer skills.
* Ability to repeatedly lift up to 50lbs.
* Prolonged standing during an entire shift.
* Must be able to work overtime on short notice.
* Must be able to perform all basic math functions.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Shipper Receiver - Requires high school diploma, or equivalent and
a minimum of 3 years of related warehouse experience or production
activities. Previous experience with fork truck operations is
Senior Shipper Receiver - Requires high school diploma, or
equivalent and a minimum of 6 years of warehouse or production
experience. Previous experience with fork truck operations is
Work is performed in a warehouse environment. Exposure to chemicals
and to electrical manufacturing equipment and moving machinery.
Exposure to high levels of noise. Occasional entry into confined
spaces, requiring kneeling, crawling and squatting. Works at
heights on scaffolding and/or on ladders. Operates forklifts,
tractors and power equipment. Personal protective equipment
required such as protective eyewear, safety shoes, gloves and
hearing protection. May walk; stand, bend and twists waist for 2-4
hours per day. Repetitive hand movement of both hands with the
ability to make fast, simple, repeated movements of the fingers,
hands, and wrists. Ability to make precise coordinated movements,
of the fingers to grasp and manipulate objects. Repetitive foot
movement. Light to moderate lifting and carrying of 15-44lbs. for
2-4 hours per day. Heavy lifting and carrying of 45lbs.and over for
2-4 hours per day with a maximum lift of 75lbs. Exposure to cold
temperatures at 41 degrees F while working in the +5 cold room.
Hearing acuity essential. Depth perception and far vision
correctable in one eye to 20/30 and to 20/100 in the other eye.
Able to communicate information and ideas so others will
understand; with the ability to listen to and understand
information and ideas presented through spoken and written words
and sentences. Performs simple and repetitive tasks that vary
little each day by following a set of written or oral
instructions/procedures. Maintains work pace to meet production
Location: NORTH AMERICA : USA : NC-Clayton:USNC0002 - Clayton
Keywords: Grifols Inc., Raleigh , Sr. Shipper Receiver, Professions , Clayton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!