Company: Lamar Advertising Company
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Would you like to see a different part of your city every day
from a bird's eye view? This job is action packed, and we provide
all training and equipment to start your full time career. Our
Billboard Installers complete anywhere from 20 to 50 billboard
advertising installations per week. Our Lamar office in Raleigh,
North Carolina is now hiring a new Operations crew member to help
us bring outdoor advertising campaigns to life for brands in
Raleigh, NC and the surrounding areas.Have you ever wondered how
billboards are installed? Check out this video!Company
Overview:Lamar Advertising is one of the largest outdoor
advertising companies in the world. Lamar offers advertisers a
variety of advertising formats, helping both local businesses and
national brands stand out from the competition. We live by the
Golden Rule, and we operate with honesty and integrity in every
aspect of our business. We are open with our employees, transparent
with our customers, and loyal to the communities in which we serve.
We have been in business over 100 years, and we have stayed true to
our mission and values. While Lamar is a large company, each office
has its own culture and family atmosphere, making employees feel
connected both locally and nationally.Want to hear more about
Lamar? Check out these videos:
- About Us
- Giving Back ProgramBenefits Overview:We offer a competitive and
comprehensive compensation & benefits package for all full-time
employees. Some of our benefit offerings include, but are not
limited to, multiple medical plan options, dental and vision
insurance, paid vacation/sick time, 401K plan, and incentivized
wellness programs.Compensation Overview:The hourly range for this
position is $18 - $20 / hour, dependent on relevant experience and
qualifications. We provide performance-based wage
increases.Position Purpose:The purpose of this entry level, full
time position is to install and maintain billboards, including
installation of advertisements, maintenance of structures, and the
construction upkeep of billboard cosmetics. This entry level, full
time position most often works as part of an installation
crew.Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Installing and maintaining all Billboards
- Remove and hang flexes from billboards, remove and hang vinyls,
cut and prepare flexes and vinyls for installation, cut, prepare
and install copy on Tri-Visions
- Maintain construction structures-repairs including but not
limited to: tightening bolts, painting steel structures, repairing
trim and various parts of the billboard sign face and structure,
change light bulbs as needed, paint structures, assemble structures
and faces when required.
- Building and installing extensions on billboards, cutting
brush/weeds, conduct storm damage repairs, minor electrical
repairs, and sweeping/cleaning workshop area.
- Use power/manual tools, must adhere to all safety
- Attend installer and construction safety meetings as
- Maintain operation vehicles; maintain construction tools,
equipment and machinery.
- Responsible for taking completion photos for proof of
performance of installation.Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communication skills. Ability to speak and read English
- Must be willing to work and get along well with others
- Basic computer skills including Internet navigation and
Microsoft Word & Excel.
- Ability to comply with Lamar safety standards while performing
- Ability to work from ladders and to carry a ladder and/or other
tools to the worksite from vehicle.
- Working knowledge of electrical skills and techniques.
- Working knowledge of fabrication skills and techniques.
- Skill in reading technical documents, such as blueprints and
- General knowledge of Lamar, Department of Transportation (DOT),
and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) safety
- Ability to safely use construction equipment, in regards to the
construction and maintenance of outdoor structures.
- Ability to climb heights and work at heights above ground
- Ability to document installations, through photographs and
- Skill in the practical applications of mathematics, in relation
to construction and operations tasks.
- Skill in setting priorities which accurately reflect the
relative importance of job responsibilities.Education and
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Ability to complete OSHA 10-hour Construction course
- Previous experience working at heights up to 100 ft. above
- Previous experience with welding a plus, but not required
- Construction and/or billboard installation experience a plus,
but not requiredPhysical Demands and Work Environment:
- The primary work environment for this position is outdoors,
requiring the ability to work in adverse weather conditions and
climb to heights up to 100 ft.
- The physical demands for this position include heavy lifting
(up to 100 pounds), extensive bending, pushing, reaching, seeing
(with a focus on reading, color distinction, acuity, depth
perception, and peripheral vision), sitting less than 50% of the
time, standing, stooping, talking, turning, walking, driving, and
- Nights spent away from home traveling are less than 10%.
- On-call shifts may be required.
Lamar is an EOE/AA: Minorities/Females/Disabled/Protected Veterans
or any other State or Federally protected characteristicDisability
Self-Identification: When applying for a job with Lamar, you will
be asked to voluntarily self-identify whether you have a
disability. Please take a moment to watch this video for
clarification on why we're asking for this information!California
Residents - Lamar collects personal information in the ordinary
course of considering job applicants. This information may include,
for example, name, address, phone number and other contact
information, employment history and reference contact information,
and any other information provided by an applicant to Lamar. By
submitting an application, you consent to the use or sharing of
this personal information solely for the purpose of consideration
for employment by Lamar. Lamar will not sell this
information.OSHA's Emergency Temporary Standard: As an employer of
more than 100 employees, Lamar must comply with OSHA's Emergency
Temporary Standard ("ETS") regarding the COVID-19 vaccine. In
anticipation of the ETS, all employees will be required to submit
proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status upon hire through our
secure collection system.JobIDOperations
Keywords: Lamar Advertising Company, Raleigh , Billboard Installer, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!