Residential Construction Manager
Company: Wedgewood Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Wedgewood is a leading acquirer of distressed residential real
estate, specializing in the purchase, rehab, and resale of single
family homes. Founded in 1985, we have since grown into a
diversified, vertically integrated company, expanding our business
footprint to also include non-performing notes, lending, design,
brokerage, property management, escrow, and more. We are a unique
combination of an established 30 year old company that has been
able to keep its start-up feel.
Why you should apply:
Wedgewood offers our team members a competitive compensation, 401K,
and traditional benefits like medical, dental, and vision. We also
have many additional perks:
- INVEST WITH US -With Wedgewood's In-house Investment Programs,
you get to participate in the growth and profitability of the
company through our in-house investment programs.
- STUDENT LOAN PAYDOWN -Wedgewood recognizes the importance of
quality education so we have partnered up with Gradifi to assist
you with your student loans.
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE - This is a great place to contribute to the
community! Through our volunteer service, sustainable initiatives,
charitable giving, and work with local universities, Wedgewood
provides opportunities throughout the year for its employees to
give back to the community for the greater good.
- WORK HARD - PLAY HARD - You can expect to get invited to
various company sponsored events throughout the course of the year.
Past events have included sporting events, happy hour, parking lot
BBQs, bowling and bocce ball tournaments, office theme parties, and
more.About the role:
Are you looking for an important position in real estate investment
and construction management? Do you thrive in fast-paced
environments? Do you possess the ability to take initiative and
constantly think ahead? If so, this could be the perfect
opportunity for you!
We began with a very small team more than three decades ago and
since then have grown into a nationally recognized leader in the
real estate investment industry. If you're looking for a company
that provides endless opportunities in multiple verticals with a
limitless career path, you've found it.
Wedgewood Incorporated is seeking an experienced Residential
Construction Manager to work with our passionate team. If working
with a dynamic, thriving company with unlimited potential intrigues
you, it's time we talk. No other company has the experience and
vision that Wedgewood has. If your time management skills
complement your on-the-spot decision making prowess, this is your
What you'll do:
- Engages in live bidding at the local courthouse as needed.
- Frequently drives by properties to conduct inspections prior to
- Supports Acquisition and Design departments in a leading
- Interfaces with the Design team and Supervisor to formulate
game plan for property.
- May be present for lockouts and trashouts from time to
- Responsible for collectively determining the best exit strategy
for each property as well as the budget constraints.
- Collects estimates and submits bids from
- Resolves difficult property issues, provides guidance to
contractors, and advises regional construction project manager on
the status of properties.
- Selects and manages contractors, and continuously pursues
relationships with new contractors/subs/vendors.
- Drive inventory regularly and check in on properties to ensure
projects remain on schedule.
- Manages 10 to 30 projects at any given time.
- Supports development of assistant construction project
managersWhat you'll need:
- Valid driver's license in good standing
- Bachelor's Degree preferred, Construction Management is a
- Experience with construction project management/single family
home remodels is required; 2-5 years of experience is ideal.
- Experience in real estate or appraising is preferred, a minimum
of 1 year is ideal.
- Proficient with computers, mobile devices, and applications
i.e. iPads, Microsoft Word, Outlook and basic Excel, etc. is a
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at once, take
initiative and think on the go.
- Must be a detail-oriented person, problem solver, leader and
have a positive attitude!
- Local candidates onlyWedgewood occupies 50,000 square feet in a
state of the art headquarters in Redondo Beach, California and was
named Company of the Year by the city in 2015. We also have
multiple locations around the country. Wedgewood is an Equal
Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably
qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability,
religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
APPLY TODAY, Let's start your future with Wedgewood!
Keywords: Wedgewood Inc., Raleigh , Residential Construction Manager, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!