Residential Construction Estimator
Company: Southern Concepts
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Job Type: Full Time - general work schedule is Monday-Friday 8
AM-5 PM plus additional hours as necessary to perform outlined
duties. Job is primarily located in Raleigh, NC, while serving
surrounding areas throughout NC.What We Stand ForWhat you do
matters, experience Southern Concepts employee-first culture where
you are appreciated, valued, and empowered to work together for a
higher purpose living out our 5 Core Company Values:
- Spirit of Excellence
- Innovate to Elevate
- We Before Me
- Grace Through Generosity
- Doing the Right ThingQualifications:
- Teamwork and working together to achieve goals is extremely
important to you.
- You have a desire to lead by example with the grace of servant
leadership, embracing and adapting to change and maintaining
respect, dignity, and integrity.
- You exude a positive attitude and sustain contagious energy
throughout all your activities.
- You are dedicated to supporting a safe working
- You are always learning! You are proactive in seeking out
education, training and growing perspective
- You take pride in your work.
- You love checklists. You like to stay busy, balance priorities
and utilize your organizational skills.
- You understand Construction is an ever-changing industry and
remain flexible with your schedule.Job Responsibilities:
- Primary function is the preparation of project estimates
including conceptual budgets, schematic, design development and
construction document estimates.
- Perform material quantity take-offs.
- Read and outline specifications.
- Prepare bid packages and solicit subcontractor pricing.
- Develop project and clarification document.
- Develop and maintain solid subcontractor relationships.
- Work with client and design team during preconstruction.
- Work with operations during preconstruction to develop
construction schedule, recommendation of long-lead time material
purchases, logistics, staging, and phasing.
- Perform constructability review.
- Review plans and specifications to minimize conflicts.
- Perform value engineering.
- System analysis for building components and MEP systems.
- Preparing bid forms.
- Receiving and evaluate bids by gathering details and compiling
data including materials, labor, equipment, tools, labor and
- Participates in presentations to clients.
- Maintain historical database for reference.
- Prequalification of subcontractors.
- Proactively seeks improvement and innovation.
- Act as a team player.
- Maintain client relationshipsExperience requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil, Mechanical, or Electrical
Engineering or Construction Management.
- 10 years estimating experience required. Life Sciences
experience a plus.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to gather data, compile information, and prepare
- Knowledge of design/planning principles and procedures.
- Knowledge of building components, values, function and
- Self-motivated in developing estimating skill sets.
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints and/or technical
- Practice effective negotiating skill regarding pricing, costs
and lead time with subcontractors and vendors.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to assess contract requirements.
- Ability to clearly translate client project requirements into
budgets and estimates for project managers so that the final
product delivered meets or exceeds clients' expectations.
- Knowledge of state, and local building codes, ordinances, and
- Proficient in OnScreen Take-off, Microsoft Office (especially
Microsoft Excel), Pantera, Procore, and Timberline.
- Clean Driving Record with current NC or SC Driver's License,
clean Criminal Background Check, pass applicable drug tests.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities including motivating
teams, employee development, and being results oriented.
- Strong people skills, including the capability to handle
various personalities and develop professional relationships.
- Action oriented, with the drive to push projects and tasks to
- Strong verbal & written communication, with the ability to take
complex concepts and communicate accurately and persuasively.
- Experience making quick and accurate decisions based heavily on
facts, data and/or metrics.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications, including Word, Excel,
PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must have strong computer skills and a strong understanding of
modern technology as it related to the modern construction work
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to
take initiative, use good judgment, demonstrate a strong sense of
urgency and follow-up and carry multiple projects through to
- Proficient with all construction related tools
- Proven experience with excellent attention to detail and the
ability to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal
supervision.SALARY WILL BE BASED OFF EXPERIENCE AND
QUALIFICATIONSPhysical Requirements:This is a position which
requires the Director to frequently walk, stand, and climb stairs
in/around construction sites, apartment homes, models and
properties. Must maintain professional appearance and be able to
work in a construction environment in all weather conditions (rain,
snow, heat, hail, wind, sleet), around hazardous chemicals, dust,
dirt, and other particulates. Must also have the ability to operate
an automobile, read large quantities of information, operate
computer equipment, speak, hear, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and
carry up to 100 lbs. independently. Finger dexterity is
Keywords: Southern Concepts, Raleigh , Residential Construction Estimator, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!