Production Supervisor (2nd Shift)
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Eaton's Electrical Power Quality Division is currently seeking a
Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) to join our team. This position
is based at our Youngsville, NC facility.
Eaton's mission is to improve the quality of life and the
environment through the use of power management technologies and
services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers
effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power -
more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton's 2019
revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in
more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees.
For more information, visit .
The Production Supervisor (2nd Shift) role will be responsible for
planning, coordinating, supervising and motivating the activities
of all assigned employees as well as the utilization of employees
assigned to peer lines to meet or exceed safety, quality, delivery,
cost and efficiency goals while assisting the Operations Manager in
implementing plant wide initiatives.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential-and where you can help us reach ours.
In This Function You Will
- Provide direct supervision for production employees in assigned
- Participate in employment and staffing decisions, performance
- Drive plant wide Continuous Improvement initiatives stemming
from RAP Key Projects and others as deemed by manager.
- Maintain departmental personnel records and reports on
productivity, quality, and attendance.
- Maintain all departmental, work, vacation, overtime and related
- Develop and implement schedules and manpower requirements to
meet or exceed production plan.
- Plans and priorities departmental as well as plant wide
production schedules based on customer delivery dates,
efficiencies, and material supplies.
- Monitor departmental as well as plant wide productivity to
ensure that established quality and production levels are
maintained or exceeded.
- All duties assigned by management and deemed pertinent to the
continued success of Company and employee objectives and/or
- Champion use of Eaton systems and tools to ensure appropriate
execution within assigned areas
- Engage direct reports in manufacturing LEAN initiatives
including but not limited to operator standard work, 5S, pull
systems, empowered work teams, and structured problem solving.
- Provide coaching, motivation, and counseling to employees to
encourage optimum performance and continued skill development.
- Develop employees within areas of responsibility to work as a
team to accomplish goals as set forth by the company or
- Implement and support behavioral based zero incident safety
- Fosters an environment that promotes Eaton's goals,
philosophies, and encourages continuous improvement.
- Communicate company policies, procedures, and guidelines and
ensure they are consistently practiced.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other departments to
expedite the workflow and ensure the established quality
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds
that make each of us unique, we - as individuals and as a company -
Required (Basic) Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in Manufacturing
Operations or Engineering in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum one (1) year of direct supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate
sponsorship now or within the future.
- Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office.
- SAP experience
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all
job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon
job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
Manufacturing & Operations
North America - US/Puerto Rico
United States-North Carolina-Youngsville
Youngsville NC Loc
ESSG PQD OPS Operations
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility)
allowed for this position?
Does this position offer relocation?
Relocation from within hiring country only
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Requisition ID :090633
Keywords: Eaton, Raleigh , Production Supervisor (2nd Shift), Professions , Youngsville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!