Senior MEP Project/Client Manager
Company: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated
Posted on: January 17, 2020
# of Openings
Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm
with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide.
What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At
Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the
highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you re an
experienced professional or a new graduate, you ll have the chance
to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative
and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our
commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from
other defining attributes, which we call Dewberry at Work, that
have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a
Dewberry's Raleigh, NC office is seeking a Senior MEP
Project/Client Manager to act as Principal contact between our
office and the Owner; effectively manage projects from concept
through bidding and negotiation (or construction administration as
determined on project-by-project basis). The Project/Client Manager
will work closely with the client to anticipate and avoid problems
as well as quickly solve problems that arise. Also works with
multi-disciplined team to provide first rate engineering documents
that meet client s needs, project specifications and governing
standards/codes. Assists the client to achieve their professional
goals and that of their organization nd in general, doing whatever
is necessary to maintain a Client for Life.
* Maintain primary one-to-one contact with the client.
* Understand the client's needs and goals and that of his/her
* Draft proposals for new projects with existing clients for review
and signature of the Principal In Charge of Business and track
proposals through award of project. Work with client to develop
* Attend regular design meetings with the client and issue meeting
* Organize and direct frequent in-house design meetings.
* Primary responsibility for the approval and oversight of design
and construction documents within the applicable area of
progressive technical experience.
* Prepare detailed personnel loading by task interfaced with the
* Coordinate with Design Discipline Managers to schedule, plan and
assign appropriate personnel.
* Prepare storyboards and detailed project timeline.
* Organize and maintain project design folder.
* Document meetings and telephone conversations.
* Provide quality control to ensure that all of the clients' needs
and requests have been accommodated. Ensure and coordinate among
all of the disciplines involved, including outside consultants.
* Provide 'on-the-spot' advice and decisions including technical
and cost estimates to Owner.
* Advise on project billing and assist in collections.
* Supervise and coordinate the submission of documents to the
appropriate reviewing authorities.
* Coordinate the responses to reviews. Ensure that responses are in
fact reflected in the drawings and specifications.
* Arrange for in-house quality review in a timely fashion.
* Arrange and attend pre-bid conferences and issue meeting minutes
* Conduct bid openings and prepare / issue certified bid
tabulation. Coordinate as required to ensure CA phase of the
project puts Dewberry in positive standing with Client at all
* Perform site visits as required to support the Construction
* Perform inspections as required to support the Construction
REQUIRED SKILLS & REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Accomplished (15+ years experience) Professional Engineer;
knowledgeable of construction process, familiar with AIA contracts;
self-motivated with highly developed verbal, written and
interpersonal skills. Well organized, with good conceptual
understanding of plumbing, mechanical and electrical systems with
general knowledge of system operation, space requirements, and
*At this time, Dewberry will not sponsor a new applicant for work
*Dewberry is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual
*Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will
be required to submit to a background screening which may include,
but is not limited to, employment verification, educational and
other credential verification, driving record check, criminal
background check, and an investigative consumer report. These
screenings will be conducted by Dewberry s background vendor of
choice and will be conducted in compliance with all applicable
federal, state, and local law.
Keywords: Dewberry Engineers Incorporated, Raleigh , Senior MEP Project/Client Manager, Professions , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!