GENERAL FUNCTION: Performs a wide range of duties relating to
the origination of residential 1st mortgage loans for branch
offices and outside referrals. Meets standards and objectives
defined by management for mortgage loan sales and cross-selling
objectives. Assumes overall responsibility for the residential
mortgage loan from application to closing.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Work with assigned branch office(s) to ensure awareness of
mortgage loan products and policies.
* Handle referrals from each branch office and provide appropriate
follow-up and feedback.
* Develop referral contacts (realtors, builders, professional and
* Maintain knowledge of Fifth Third Mortgage Company?s policies and
* Maintain knowledge of available loan products, processing
procedures, and underwriting and general departmental
* Follow defined protocol for escalation exceptions.
* Take applicant applications by completing Fannie Mae form 1003 on
* Utilize the laptop for communication and access of daily rates,
applicant credit reports, Loan Prospector responses and
transmitting the loan to LOMAS.
* Collect appropriate documentation from each applicant and deliver
loan package in the time frames set by management.
* Manage pipeline for all originated loans through closing and
complete required management reports.
* Communicate with branches and/or applicants of providing timely
updates and progress reports.
* Maintain high levels of customer service while managing each
applicant?s and support staff?s expectations.
* Attend and participate in all Consumer Lending meetings as
required by management.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None.
Mortgage Loan Officer must meet the following criteria:
Three years of mortgage lending experience.
Established book of business (local centers of influence willing to
refer mortgage loans to you).
Existing mortgage sales of $1million per month, and 4 purchase
units closed per month.