Sr. Disaster Recovery Engineer
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: November 11, 2019
About Us:RapidScale is one of the fastest growing Cloud Computing
companies in the industry. Based in Irvine, CA, the company has a
solid track record of delivering world class products and services
to our customers located throughout the country and around the
globe. RapidScale is seen as a leader in desktop virtualization
with marked success in application virtualization for both Windows
and Mac applications. The company also provides Infrastructure as a
Service (IaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS)
solutions via an enterprise ?Flex Pod? cloud stack.Job Summary:The
Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer will support organizations in
their effort to implement Rapidscale disaster recovery as a service
(DRaaS) and backup as a service (BaaS) product offerings. The
successful candidate will have significant knowledge of Zerto,
Veeam, VMware vCloud, vCenter, Microsoft technologies and
associated configurations. The Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer
will provide consultation and hands-on implementation support to
Zerto and Veeam implementations including design, architecture,
configuration, migration best practices, and strategies to support
DRaaS operational KPIs. Key responsibilities include technical
implementation of DRaaS/BaaS product offerings, working with team
members to develop the solution path for implementation. The Senior
Disaster Recovery Engineer will also determine internal best
practices for configuration, DR planning, testing, implementation,
monitoring, management and ongoing support of DRaaS/BaaS offerings.
The Senior Disaster Recovery Engineer will support the Project
Manager in gathering and analyzing requirements, solution design,
and execute the implementation, while delivering high customer
satisfaction. Additionally, the candidate must possess strong
creative, communication, and collaboration skills.?They will work
very closely with Solutions Engineers, Senior Cloud Engineers,
Cloud Engineers and the Project Management Office (PMO) for all new
customer implementations. The position will be a key factor in
providing a great customer experience pre and post
implementation.?Technical Skill RequirementsQualifications:
- Technical documentation:?creating and maintaining
- Understanding of disaster recovery and backup best
- Zerto DRaaS Solutions
- Veeam Backup Solutions
- Business Continuity, DR planning and testing
- DRaaS and BaaS within a multi-tenant cloud environment
- VMware vCloud, vSphere and vCenter
- Windows Server technologies and configurationsDuties and
Responsibilities:?(Essential Duties include but are not limited
- Project management experience implementing and maintaining
Zerto and Veeam solutions.
- Hands on administration experience with Zerto, Veeam, VMware
and Windows Server technologies.
- Leads design, implementation and testing of business continuity
and disaster recovery plans.
- Designs and implements customer infrastructure within VMware
vCloud and vCenter.
- Lead internal processes, procedures and tools in support of
DRaaS and BaaS services.
- Participate in overall architecture of internal infrastructure
and systems hosting DRaaS and BaaS offerings.
- Creates system documentation, processes and procedures for both
technical and non-technical audiences.
- Performs complex systems development and design work across
multiple customer environment in multi-tenant cloud
- Partners and collaborates with internal teams in the support of
- Provides training on Zerto and Veeam solution offerings.
- Assists with advanced troubleshooting of Zerto and Veeam issues
experienced by internal and external customers.
- Provides system support and maintains uptime as defined within
the IT acceptable standards.Qualifications:EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
&OTHER MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:Theminimum
qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill,and ability necessary for an individual to perform each
essential dutysatisfactorily. Reasonable amounts of training are
provided.Educational& Skills Requirements:
- A college degree or equivalent work experience (5+ years).
- Excellent communication, presentation, writing, and editorial
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems
that arecomplex in scope, requiring in-depth evaluation as well as
the ability toidentify problems in advance, and propose
- Require limited supervision and direction; drive results, and
- Ability to work on a 24x7 on-call rotation
- A proven level of experiencewith Zerto and Veeam solutions
- A proven level of competence with Windows servers, VMware
vCloud, vCenter, multi-tenant cloud environments and
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of competency in managing
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with project management.
- Proficiency in computer usage, internet, and Microsoft Office
suite of applications.?Inter-Relationships:Abilityto work within a
cooperative team environment as well as perform
assignmentsautonomously. This position will require working with
several departments anddifferent
personalities.????WorkingEnvironment:Fastpaced, positive, high
energy environment. Can have periods of high stress dueto deadlines
and necessity of quick response times.Securityand Compliance
Requirements:All positions at Rapidscalehave role based levels of
access to networks, systems, customer, and companyinformation.?
Information Security is a top priority and access granted islimited
to only necessary systems and information required to perform
theexpected job responsibilities.? In this position, as an
employee, you arerequired to protect and maintain the integrity of
our company and customerinformation.? These protections include
information assets includingcustomer and company information for
any PHI, PII, billing, contact, and otherrelated personal or
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications?is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox
Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a
family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor?James M. Cox.Cox
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement
to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts
resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their
services.? Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox
facility.? Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Raleigh , Sr. Disaster Recovery Engineer, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!