Asphalt Broom Tractor Operator
Company: Blythe Construction Inc
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Broom Tractor Operator
Responsible for safely and efficiently operating of a loader with a broom attachment in order to maintain a clean job site.
* Operate a loader with broom attachment.
* Ability to operate equipment efficiently.
* Perform daily safety checks of fluid levels on oil, water, fuel and inspections for leaks and damage to vehicle before operation
* Responsible for daily maintenance of vehicle to remain in proper and safe working order
* Responsible for notifying supervisor if vehicle needs to be repaired
* Demonstrates safety 1st
* Identifies and turns in near miss reports.
* Speaks up when sees unsafe act.
* To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each Key Duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Education and Experience. This position typically is not an entry-level job, as it requires previous experience as a Broom Tractor or heavy equipment operator.
* A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) is preferred.
* Must be able to understand work directions and communicate effectively with job site supervisors and fellow employees.
* Three (3) to five (5) years of industry related experience is required for this position, with an emphasis on roads, highways, and bridges.
* Physical Demands. The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by a Broom Tractor Operator to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
* Constant physical effort, including standing, is required during a regular work shift of at least eight hours per day. Employee must be able to stand for extended periods of time, and to stoop, bend, and crouch as required to perform Key Duties.
* Frequently work with hands extended overhead, sometimes in conjunction with the operation of hand power tools.
* Ability to lift, on a frequent basis, at least 50 pounds personally, and up to 150 pounds with assistance.
* Manual dexterity to hand-carry generators, lumber and other construction materials, forms, power tools, and hand tools.
* Maintain constant alertness to the multiple concurrent activities of the construction site, including the activities of other employees and contractors, the operation of stationary equipment, and the movement of mobile equipment.
* Frequently walk on uneven surfaces, including natural ground in varying weather conditions.
* Capable of safely and productively operating a man-lift.
* The Operator must be able to climb on and off heavy mobile equipment safely.
* Work Environment. The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those that a Broom Tractor Operator encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* Work is performed outdoors in all weather conditions.
* Work environment periodically exposes the employees to high levels of noise, grease, and dust that is typically associated with a construction project.
* Employee regularly works near heavy equipment and moving machinery.
* Work may involve a variety of substances commonly found on construction sites or equipment shop such as form oil, grease, curing compounds, gasoline, diesel fuel and asphalt.
Additional Career Benefits:
* Top tier medical, dental, and vision coverage with HSA option
* Healthcare FSA and Dependent Care FSA
* Company-paid Life Insurance
* Company-paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance Plan
* Paid Vacation
* Paid Holidays
* Paid Parental Leave
* 401k Retirement Plan with employer match - up to 6%
* Annual Company Stock Purchasing Offering w/company match
* Fitness Plan Incentive
* Wellness Programs, Wellness coaching and Employee Assistance Program
We promote a Drug-Free Workplace.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability are encouraged to apply
Blythe Construction, Inc. - Hubbard Construction Company - Northeast Paving - Sunmount Paving - Virginia Paving Company, are hereby referred to as Eurovia USAAccessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process please contact Human Resources atBlythe Construction, Inc.: Phone: 704-375-8474Hubbard Construction Company: Phone: 407-645-5500Eurovia Atlantic Coast, LLC:Phone: 704-375-8474
Eurovia USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Eurovia USA is committed to providing a fair and equal employment opportunity workplace. All hiring and promotional decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status that is protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you want to view the Know Your Rights: Workplace Discrimination is Illegal poster, please choose your language:
Broom Tractor Operator
Keywords: Blythe Construction Inc, Raleigh , Asphalt Broom Tractor Operator, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
here to apply!