FEMA Public Assistance Disaster Specialist
Company: iParametrics LLC
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Since 2005, iParametrics has been playing a vital role in the
nation's response and recovery from natural and man-made disasters
through our involvement in the FEMA Public Assistance program. In
preparation for the 2022 hurricane season, we -are currently
seeking Disaster Recovery Specialists to support our recovery
efforts in FEMA's Zone 1.We are looking for the following types of
experienced professionals to support future disasters:
- Construction Manager
- Cost Estimator
- Engineer (Civil, Structural, Electrical, Coastal and
- Environmental Planners and Specialists (Biologists, Geologists,
etc.)Responsibilities and Duties may include one or more of the
- Work hand-in-hand with the local government representatives to
guide them through the FEMA Public Assistance process.
- Perform damage assessments to establish potential eligibility
for FEMA funding and extent of applicable damages.
- Conduct detailed cost estimates of damages.
- Perform project validation reviews and address any
inconsistencies, special considerations, and compliance issues with
- Make hazard mitigation determinations and recommendations to
reduce or eliminate the chance of damages occurring in the
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations to
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited university and minimum
of 2 years of experience in your field of expertise or 5 years of
experience in your field of expertise.
- Experience within the commercial and/or public industries
including, but not limited to, government entities/facilities
(including military), medical facilities, schools, transportation
(roads and bridges), coastal entities, water/waste treatment and
- Ability to work as part of a team to accomplish objectives
under a tight deadline.
- Proficient in computer usage, MS Word and Excel, and
- Must be willing and able to obtain and maintain a federal
security clearance through an extensive government background check
- Experience with FEMA Public Assistance is highly desired.
- Professional Registration or Certification such as Professional
Engineer (PE), Registered Architect, Project Management
Professional (PMP), etc. is preferred.Special Position/Work
- This position may require work to be conducted onsite as well
as work in excess of 40 hours per week, including weekends.
- Situational Awareness: During site assessments, conditions may
be austere including prolonged exposure to excessive heat and cold,
prolonged sun exposure and no electricity, heat or air
conditioning. Other potential risks include air quality issues,
standing water, mosquitos, snakes, debris and other potential
- Physical Requirements: Site assessments may require extensive
walking and standing for long periods of time; working in small
spaces, tunnels and ditches; climbing ladders or stairs;
walking/working on uneven surfaces; lifting up to 25 poundsAbout
the CompanyFounded in 2003 and based in Alpharetta, Georgia,
iParametrics delivers focused program management and technical
consulting services in support of Homeland Security and Emergency
Management programs throughout the world. Please visit us at
-www.iparametrics.com.iParametrics is an Equal Opportunity
Employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.Powered by
Keywords: iParametrics LLC, Raleigh , FEMA Public Assistance Disaster Specialist, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...