Seasonal Material Handler Mail Order
Company: Schwan's Home Service
Posted on: January 26, 2023
At Schwan's Home Delivery, our passion is to deliver
extraordinary experiences, lasting relationships, and outstanding
food to America's tables. As a Mail Order Material Handler, you
will be responsible for picking, packing, and shipping frozen
product for our customers. Show us what you got!
Starting Wage:$16 to $18 per hour, paid weekly!
Schedule: Monday - Friday 6:00 am to 2:30pm
Duties and Responsibilities:
- When needed unload dry goods, (Styrofoam coolers, cardboard,
packing materials, etc.) from semi and move to warehouse
- Pick and pack e-commerce frozen food orders into coolers with
dry ice to ship to our consumers.
- Pack orders according to Standard Operating Procedures,
ensuring proper packing of products in coolers, inclusion of
correct amounts of dry ice and insertion of literature as
- Weigh and scan packages for shipment by third-party carrier
ensuring proper shipping labels are affixed to all packages.
- Maintain inventory control of our product as well as dry goods
(such as corrugated boxes, shipping coolers, tape, labels,
- Demonstrate care for our products, clean environment, culture
and team members.
- Use lists to dispense and receive information including product
codes and customer orders.
- General upkeep of facility including cleaning and/or
maintenance and assisting other depot staff.
- Responsible to conduct yourself and ensure your subordinates
(if applicable) conduct themselves in a manner consistent with
company mission, values, code of ethics, policies, and other
standards of conduct.
- The hours vary by location and size of the depots, but
generally the hours for this non-exempt (hourly) position are from
6:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- As needed unload frozen food product up to 50 pounds from semis
into warehouse freezers.
Safety is our #1 priority! You will be trained how to work safely
to perform the job duties for a mail order shift, including proper
handling of dry ice, the safe operation of equipment such as pallet
jacks as well as safe and ergonomic handling of packages
To ensure your safety we provide the proper protective clothing
including, freezer jackets, boots, gloves, and glasses.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Must have a valid driver's license and be 18 years of age or
- Ability to perform physical labor in a freezer environment for
4-8 hours per day and standing for 8-hour shifts
- Ability to lift and/or move packages weighing up to 50lbs.
- Ability to work independently for part or all the shift
- Values of honesty, responsibility, reliability, and team
- Must be comfortable with computer technology or have a
willingness to learn
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills
Member of the military? We thank you for your service! As a strong
supporter of our men and women in uniform, we will consider recent
military experience as a great prerequisite to a career at
Schwan's Home Delivery is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to disability, age, race, color, religion, gender,
vet status, national origin or other protected class.
Keywords: Schwan's Home Service, Raleigh , Seasonal Material Handler Mail Order, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!