System Support Specialist
Company: Local Government Federal Credit Union
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The System Support Specialist will support daily operations of Tier
I IT support, escalating to Tier II/III support if needed. This
role will help the leadership team drive consistent IT service and
performance across the enterprise and will participate and support
the onsite, face-to-face engagement with key stakeholders and
functional peers. Also, this role will need to have knowledge of
and support critical business IT services, planning, development
and execution consistent with the business culture and best
practice.Normal Day-to-Day Work
- Provide amazing advanced Tier I technical support across
computing platforms, troubleshooting and resolving non-routine
issues at the hardware, OS and application level for both desktop
and server either physical or virtual supporting business users and
- Manage and support key IT and Business programs including but
not limited Systems Support (Desktop and Server), VMware Horizon
Virtual Desktop, Office 365 Online, Exchange Online, as well
applicable end user applications.
- Help to develop technology solutions to centralize and automate
the management of computing hardware and software including OS
deployment, software packaging, and Group Policy management.
- Develop processes, documentation, and standard operating
procedures for the managed desktop and server environments.
- Maintain IT security standards as well as stakeholder and
member confidentiality. Champion internal security policies and
- Maintain and optimize, new building opening setup and
configuration, permissions access, process improvements, and
helping automate and integrate between systems.
- Maintain up-to-date documentation of the local technology
- Maintain inventories of software, versions and applications of
desktops and servers.
- Consult with functional staff and technical peers to identify
and implement effective technology solutions across the
enterprise.Job QualificationsHere are a few skills you MUST have to
be considered for this position.
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience in IT support roles.
- High School diploma required.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well in a
team structure as well as independently.
- Ability to effectively interface with technical and
non-technical staff at all organizational levels.
- Outstanding attention to detail with excellent time and project
- Ability to function in a Consumer business office environment
and utilize standard office equipment including but not limited to:
PC, copier, telephone, etc.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 25 lbs. (file boxes, computer
printer).Here are a few qualifications we'd LIKE you to have to
make you more suited for this position.
- Knowledgeable about current Microsoft Windows operating systems
with MS certification such as Modern Desktop Associate, Office 365
- Network + and/or Cisco Certified Entry Technician (CCENT) a
- Familiar with software deployment technologies.
- Knowledgeable about basic networking (TCP/IP, DNS, routing,
- Strong understanding of computer systems and technology stacks
that support them.
- Understanding of the workflow and process requirements of
complex applications systems.About the LGFCU CultureIf you are
working here, or considering working here, you should know a little
something about the LGFCU culture. We are a workplace that highly
values the contributions of a diverse group of people. We believe
if we put our heads and hands together, we can accomplish amazing
feats for our members. To this end, we recruit bright, energetic
and talented people to be members of our team. In return, we offer
a dynamic work place that presents opportunities for advancement
and learning new skills. We really believe that when our employees
succeed, members win.If you have questions about this position
description, please feel welcome to ask. You can reach our HR
at:LGFCU Human Resources 3600 Wake Forest RoadRaleigh, NC 27609
Keywords: Local Government Federal Credit Union, Raleigh , System Support Specialist, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!