Family Support Specialist
Company: Family Resource Center South Atlantic
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Family Resource Center South Atlantic is dedicated to
developing, implementing, and evaluating programs designed to
ultimately help individuals and families to achieve
self-sufficiency. Our employees enjoy a team environment, and
opportunities for development and to make a difference. We
currently have the following position with the Family First
Community Recovery Project:
*Family Support Specialist*
*GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: (in person only)*
The Family Support Specialist will work with families in
historically marginalized communities in 10 census tracts across
Wake County. These families have been disproportionately impacted
by the Covid-19 pandemic resulting in loss of jobs, housing
instability, gaps in academic achievement and heightened familial
stress. The Family Support Specialist will connect participants to
service providers, formal and informal resources to support
families in becoming self-sufficient. The Family Support Specialist
will support families in finding or maintaining stable housing,
health services, childcare, and other related resources, coordinate
workshops, resource fairs and health screenings, work
collaboratively with the child, family, and school to best meet the
needs of each student.
*RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES*:
1. Conduct resource/service coordination, transitional employment
and need related support services for program participants.
2. Assist participants in developing and utilizing skills learned
to improve family and other relevant relationships.
3. Connect with participants and maintain a good relationship with
4. Manage a caseload of up to 15 families/individuals monthly.
5. Attend all training including curricula, professional
development, domestic violence and child maltreatment and other
training to stay abreast of trends in the field.
6. Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills to
provide one-on-one and group activities for participants and their
families when necessary.
7. Acts as an accountability partner and conduct follow-up with
program participants and remove barriers to help participants
achieve their service goals.
8. Become familiar with community resources for making referrals to
9. Develop creative and innovative ways to keep participants
10. Assist in the data collection and evaluation process which
includes participating in continuous quality improvement activities
such as implementation meetings, observations, fidelity, audit
checks, and other monitoring activities.
11. Prepare and submit weekly documentation and monthly reports on
a timely basis to support evaluation efforts.
12. Assist in recruiting participants, volunteers, and other
13. Maintain confidentiality and professional ethics.
14. Perform outreach efforts and assist with other duties as
*Position reports to: * FRCSA Executive Director
*Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Necessary: *
1. Computer proficiency (Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point,
Publisher at minimum)
2. Good writing, analytical and problem-solving skills.
3. Knowledge of principles and practices of organization, planning,
records management, and general administration.
4. Ability to communicate effectively.
5. Ability to work independently
6. Ability to operate standard office equipment, including but not
limited to, computers, telephone systems, calculators, copiers, and
7. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
8. Must have excellent communication skills (verbal and
*Minimum Qualifications: *
- Must have a valid North Carolina Driver's License and must
consent to a national criminal history background check.
- Must have own transportation
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in social work, counseling,
psychology or related field or equivalent experience with strong
preference for Master's level degree.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (including some evenings)
Monday through Saturday.
- Three -years' experience working with high-risk adults or other
- Two years of demonstrated case management experience.
- One year of community development, community organizing
*HOW TO APPLY*
For more information about our organization visit www.frcsa.org
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter outlining how they
meet the specific requirements of the position by *December 5,
While we sincerely appreciate all applications, only those
candidates selected for interview will be contacted.
Please note the selected candidates will be required to submit to a
criminal background and work history check.
No telephone calls.
Job Type: Full-time.
Salary: $ 40, 000 - $42, 000 (based on experience and
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $42,000.00 per year
* 401(k) matching
* Dental insurance
* Employee assistance program
* Flexible schedule
* Flexible spending account
* Health insurance
* Life insurance
* Paid time off
* Retirement plan
* Vision insurance
* 8 hour shift
* Monday to Friday
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Raleigh, NC 27609: Reliably commute or planning to relocate
before starting work (Required)
* Driver's License (Required)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: Family Resource Center South Atlantic, Raleigh , Family Support Specialist, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!