Company: Wakefield Thermal Solutions
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Wakefield Thermal is part of the Heico Companies, and in
aggregate, Heico's businesses generate more than $3.2 billion in
revenues. Wakefield Thermal is a global leader in innovative
thermal management solutions for a diverse range of markets.
Building on over four decades of leadership and experience,
Wakefield Thermal designs, manufactures and sells thermal
management products that remove excess heat generated by electronic
components. Our Mission: Our businesses have made an
all-encompassing commitment across all levels of the organization
to never sacrifice safety. Deliver industry-leading quality, and
on-time delivery while providing an exceptional customer
experience. Position ourselves as a leader in the industry through
technological advancements and supply chain excellence. Promote a
culture of success and excellence through collaboration,
accountability, transformative, and shared belief in our vision.
SUMMARY: The individual is accountable for planning and procuring
inventory needed to enhance the customer experience, as well as
monitoring suppliers. The individual will be a collaborative
participant of the procurement group and possess a shared focus on
the implementation of lean Supply Chain strategies to achieve
quality, delivery, lead time, and cost reduction targets. The
buyer/planner will maintain the schedule and release work orders to
departments. The Individual will be a transformative member in
overcoming obstacles presented in buying and planning to achieve
the plant-wide KPIs. DESCRIPTION:
- Process Daily/Weekly MRP generated purchases.
- Process CNC tooling purchases and work with Engineering to
reduce and maintain tooling inventories
- Expedite orders to ensure delivery schedules are met and
resolution of materials shortages and/or escalate
- Work with engineering, scheduling, and management to improve
schedules based on customer demand.
- Monitor supplier lead times against production lead time
- Compare and hold suppliers to the supplier's quoted and
committed delivery dates.
- Create and schedule production work orders for CNC
- Help maintain and improve the CNC schedule and raise awareness
of scheduling concerns. Be an advocate for continuous improvement
and transformation in scheduling
- Responsible for cleanliness of his/her own work area and the
general housekeeping of the Company.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Source material, tooling, hardware, special accessories, etc.
for engineering and quoting teams.
- Be responsible for RFQs and inquiries with new and current
suppliers for all new products. Includes negotiating lead times,
prices, special requests, etc.
- Continuously look for improvement and cost reduction
opportunities in our supply chain.
- Continuously looking ahead to ensure we meet customer's
- BA/BS degree is highly desirable
- 5 years experience in procurement, supply chain, or related
field particularly in a manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated work experience with MRP, Forecasting, Stocking
- Proven track record of success working towards the improvement
of Supplier Delivery and lead time reduction.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to map out processes and
analyze data, & information for improvement.
- The collaborative mindset with the ability to interact
professionally with both internal customers and suppliers.
- Excellent organizational/project management/communication
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and able to pivot
direction and plans with minimal notice.
- Technical proficiency, particularly in MS Office (Excel).
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally
required to stand, walk and sit. The employee will use hands to
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and
arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk or
hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and to use a
computer keyboard with a mouse for long periods of time. The
employee will occasionally lift and/or move 25 pounds. WORK
ENVIRONMENT: Office, Plant, or Warehouse. Work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those that
must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job in
the Plant or Warehouse, the employee is exposed to noise and
aluminum particles. The noise level is usually moderate, but
hearing protection may be required in designated areas. The
employee is required to wear safety glasses when in the plant.
Keywords: Wakefield Thermal Solutions, Raleigh , Buyer/Planner, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!