Systems Performance Engineer
Company: Verizon Communications
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Verizon is one of the world's leading providers of technology
and communications services, transforming the way we connect across
the globe. We're a diverse network of people driven by our shared
ambition to shape a better future. Here, we have the ability to
learn and grow at the speed of technology, and the space to create
within every role. Together, we are moving the world forward - and
you can too. Dream it. Build it. Do it here.What you'll be doing...
Customers expect our networks to perform at a high level all the
time. That's where you come in. You will investigate, evaluate and
resolve network and data performance issues to ensure efficient and
reliable service for our customers. The work you'll be doing will
directly impact customer satisfaction and help keep us ahead of the
- Evaluating service performance trends and isolating root causes
of impacted services.
- Performing VoLTE testing and analyses of relevant key
- Coordinating technical investigations and testing with
appropriate regional, area and HQ functions.
- Providing technical analysis, troubleshooting, and training
assistance to markets and regions as requested.
- Optimizing LTE and RAN networks using traditional and
- Investigating and resolving customer complaints regarding
- Integrating new cell sites, small cells, and DAS systems into
existing macro network.
- Evaluating hardware failures in the system such as PIM and VSWR
and resolving them with the field teams and tower crews. Where
you'll be working--- In this hybrid role, you'll have a defined
work location that includes work from home and assigned office days
set by your manager. What we're looking for... You have a good
customer service orientation. You like to take ownership of an
issue and resolve it successfully. You are able to understand and
evaluate a problem and present solutions. You work well
independently as well as effectively with diverse business teams
and vendors to implement solutions. You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of LTE including VoLTE and RAN networks.
- Knowledge of IP and transport protocols.
- Willingness to travel up to approximately 25% of the time.
- A valid driver's license. Even better if you have one or more
of the following:
- Knowledge of at least one data collection tool such as Datapro,
and TEMS Symphony.
- Knowledge of data analysis/post-processing tools such as
Irisview, Windcatcher/Actix/TEMS Discovery.
- Knowledge of propagation and optimization modeling tools such
as Planet, GeoPlan, ACP, DB Planner.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C++, Python, Unix,
- Knowledge of mapping software such as MapInfo, ArcGIS,
- Knowledge of Ericsson systems including OSS and 3GPP LTE
- Ability to differentiate and diagnose RAN and CORE related
- Knowledge of IMS and systems engineering aspects related to RAN
and proficiency in Core level call flow analysis. If Verizon and
this role sound like a fit for you, we encourage you to apply even
if you don't meet every "even better" qualification listed above.
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our
employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
disability, and Veteran status. At Verizon, we know that diversity
makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive
environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of
belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and
empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check
out our diversity and inclusion page to learn more.NYC candidates:
Verizon requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
for onsite and hybrid NYC roles. Verizon provides reasonable
accommodations consistent with legal requirements (e.g., for
medical or religious reasons). Additional information will be
provided during the hiring process.Our credo is at the core of
V team culture.
Keywords: Verizon Communications, Raleigh , Systems Performance Engineer, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!