Protection and Control Designer- Remote
Posted on: November 26, 2022
We'd love to have you join our team as a Protection and Control
Designer as a remote employee. We have a strong preference for a
North Carolina residence, but we're happy to consider qualified
candidates outside of NC.
*Company Overview: *
Ampirical has been committed to improving and strengthening the
power grid since the company's inception. Just as an ampere is the
base unit for electric current, Ampirical takes pride in being on
the leading edge of innovation and technology, allowing our
industry to flow forward in a positive direction.
We show gratitude for our customers and uplift our team members who
make it all happen. We embrace challenging - yet rewarding - work,
and we invest in our people every step along the way.
Working at Ampirical is a career, not just a job. Please enjoy this
video about our culture.
*Division Overview: *
Ampirical's Protection & Control Division (P&C) provides a wide
range of power system studies and analyses. Our engineers provide
support throughout a project's lifecycle from conceptual design and
implementation to testing, training, and support. We understand
that not all substation and automation systems are alike, and we
pride ourselves on being able to quickly adapt design criteria,
philosophy, and standards accordingly.
*Job Summary: *
Our Engineering Designers support our Engineers and Senior
Designers with the development of 2D drawings.
*What we Offer: *
We offer a competitive highly compensation & benefits package for
all full-time employees. You can review all of the details of our
benefits package *here*. Below are some highlights.
* Medical, Dental, and Vision effective your 1st day of
* 401(k) with company match (immediate vesting)
* 120 hours (about 15 days) of paid time off (PTO)
* 10 paid holiday days
* Flexible work schedule (every other Friday off)
* Opportunity for advancement and career growth
* Employer-sponsored Life Insurance, short-term and long-term
* Gym Membership Stipend
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Wellness Program
* Pet Insurance
*Who You Are: *
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering Technology or related field
* Design experience in Autodesk AutoCAD, and/or Autodesk AutoCAD
Electrical, Bentley Microstation, and/or Bentley Substation
* Experience cataloging geometry in multiple platforms is a
* Teamwork oriented attitude
* Microsoft Office skills (Word/Excel)
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
*Essential Duties & Responsibilities: *
* Utilize software to design electrical substation equipment,
structures, and foundations.
* Prepare 2D drawings of one-line/elementary diagrams, control
building layouts, panel layouts, schematics, wiring diagrams, power
distribution system, etc.
Ampirical is an Equal Opportunity Employer, meaning we do not
discriminate based on the following characteristics in our hiring
and employment practices: Age, sex, color, race, creed, national
origin, religion or religious attire, marital status, pregnancy
(child birth or related medical conditions), citizenship status or
amnesty, ancestry, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity,
gender expression, transgender status, physical or mental
disability, military or veteran status, genetic information,
sickle-cell trait, status as a tobacco user or non-user, or any
other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Job Type: Full-time%58255796%
Keywords: Ampirical, Raleigh , Protection and Control Designer- Remote, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!