LPN-DPC Brier Creek Med Peds-Raleigh, NC
Company: Duke Health
Location: Wake Forest
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care Duke Primary Care is a broad
network of community-based clinics that offer family medicine,
internal medicine, pediatric, and urgent care services. With 400
providers in nearly 50 locations, Duke Primary Care is the largest
primary care network in the greater Triangle. Our network saw more
than 750,000 patient encounters in fiscal year 2021. Our Duke
Primary Care clinics provide personalized care for adults and
children, from sick visits to preventive care, health screenings to
immunizations, and annual exams to chronic disease management.
Select primary care clinics also provide behavioral health,
diabetes education, pharmacy, and other population health services.
Duke Primary Care clinics are accredited and designated a Primary
Care Medical Home by The Joint Commission. Our Duke Urgent Care
centers offer evaluation and treatment for minor illnesses and
injuries 12 hours a day, seven days a week when a patient--------s
primary care provider is not available. Services also include
certain physical exams and vaccinations. A pediatric specialist is
available at select locations. Patients can walk in to one of our
nine urgent care centers located throughout the greater Triangle or
can schedule a virtual visit to receive care from the comfort of
home. Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Nurses from each hospital areconsistently recognized each year
as North Carolina's Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance (based on eligibility) - - - - -LPN-Duke
Primary Care-DPC- Brier Creek Med Peds-(Monday through
Clinic experience is requiredSeeking
a seasoned professional with a desire to excel -DUKE HEALTH- DUKE
PRIMARY CARE is interested in hiring a talented, energetic,
professional, Licensed Practical Nurse who can multi-task, provide
exceptional customer service, is punctual and a team player. - We
offer exceptional benefits and career growth opportunities with
this world-class healthcare provider. -If you are seeking new
opportunities and feel you are a great fit, please apply on the
website. - Apply to requisition # 95069. - We ask that you submit
an updated resume and include all of your healthcare experience. -
Assume responsibilities for direct nursing care of assigned
patients under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician
in patient care area. Administer medications and special nursing
care techniques prescribed for assigned patients. Provides nursing
services to patients and families in accordance with the scope of
the LPN as defined by the North Carolina Board of Nursing.
- Administer medications as prescribed by physician and employ
special nursing care techniques as required; administer intravenous
medications and fluids as directed; maintain required records.
- Provide and document direct nursing care of assigned patients
under the supervision of a registered nurse or physician.
- Nursing care is guided by the physician orders and the nursing
plan of care.
- Patient response to care is reported to a registered nurse for
evaluation, intervention and modification of the plan of care.
- Assist other health care personnel in the delivery of patient
- Assist physicians and other nursing personnel in the
performance of various diagnostic procedures.
- Evaluate nursing care with emphasis on nursing procedures and
patient responses; assist in the delivery of nursing care and
selection of nursing priorities.
- Assist in the development and implementation of general
policies and procedures to provide for the emotional and physical
comfort and safety of patients; participate in the formulation of
- Participate in maintaining the environment of care including
equipment and other material resources.
- Participate in the identification of clinical or operational
performance improvement opportunities and assists in performance
- Assist with control of material resources and maintenance;
assist in appraisal of effectiveness of material and equipment and
report any equipment malfunctions to charge nurse.
- Participate in in-service education programs and other
conferences within the service. Assist in the training of new
- Perform other related duties incidental to the work described
herein. -Knowledge, Skills, Education, and Experience
- Knowledge of scope of licensed practical nurse, ability to
delegate to nursing support staff.
- Considerable knowledge of the care and treatment of patients
and special procedures that apply to practical nursing.
- Able to independently seek out resources and work
- Able to communicate clearly with patients, families, visitors,
healthcare team, physicians, administrators, leadership and others.
Able to teach patients and families in accordance with the nursing
plan of care.
- Able to use sensory and cognitive functions to process and
prioritize information, treatment, and follow-up.
- Competent in BLS and/or other specialized life support
requirements designated by work area or organization.
- Use fine motor skills.
- Record activities, document interventions.
- Use computer and learn new software programs.
- Navigate the entity to provide clinical care for patients.
- Able to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Able to remain focused and organized.
- Knowledge of sterile techniques and special procedures that are
applicable to work performed.
- Working knowledge of procedures and techniques involved in
administering routine and special treatments to patients.
- Working knowledge of sanitation, personal hygiene and basic
health and safety precautions applicable to work in a
- Knowledge of infection control procedures and safety
- Ability to understand and follow oral and written
- Working knowledge and completion of appropriate JCAHO and other
regulatory requirements. -
Duke Health Highlights:
In addition to our three hospitals, Duke Health has an extensive,
geographically dispersed network of outpatient facilities that
include primary care offices, urgent care centers, multi-specialty
clinics and outpatient surgery centers. -
Duke Primary Care -is the largest primary care network in the
greater Triangle area with family medicine and internal medicine
providers, and pediatricians in nearly 30 locations throughout the
region.Pre-employment Physical Capacity TestingRequired: Click here
for more information - - - - - - - Duke is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment
opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color,
disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic
information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, or veteran status. - Duke aspires to create a
community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and
belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of
ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our
perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve
this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community
feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals
are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our
community have a responsibility to uphold these values. - Essential
Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke
University Health System may include essentialjob functions that
require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional
information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation
will be provided by each hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Raleigh , LPN-DPC Brier Creek Med Peds-Raleigh, NC, Other , Wake Forest, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!