Nursing Care Assistant I-Duke University Hospital-Neuro Stepdown 9 DCT-
Company: Duke Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Duke University Hospital is consistently rated as one of the
best in the United States and is known around the world for its
outstanding care and groundbreaking research. Duke University
Hospital has 957 inpatient beds and offers comprehensive diagnostic
and therapeutic facilities, including a regional emergency/trauma
center; a major surgery suite containing 51 operating rooms; an
endo-surgery center; an Ambulatory Surgery Center with nine
operating rooms and an extensive diagnostic and interventional
radiology area. In fiscal year 2018, Duke University Hospital
admitted 42,916 patients and had 1,085,740 outpatient visits in
fiscal year 2017. - U.S News & World Report named Duke University
Hospital #1 in North Carolina and #1 in the Raleigh-Durham area in
2018-19. - Duke University Hospital is ranked in the top 20
nationally for seven adult specialties, including cardiology and
heart surgery, nephrology, ophthalmology, orthopedics, pulmonology,
rheumatology, and urology. - In addition to its hospitals, Duke
Health has an extensive, geographically dispersed network of
outpatient facilities that include primary care offices, urgent
care centers, multi-specialty clinics and outpatient surgery
centers. - Duke Nursing Highlights: -
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet-- -
- Nurses from each hospital are consistently recognized each year
as North Carolina--------s Great 100 Nurses.
- Duke University Health System was awarded the American Board of
Nursing Specialties Award for Nursing Certification Advocacy for
being strong advocates of specialty nursing certification.
- Duke University Health System has 6000 + registered nurses
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle!
- Relocation Assistance! -Nursing Care Assistant I - (Day Shift)-
Duke University Health System -Duke University Health System seeks
to hire a Nursing Care Assistant I - Health Unit Coordinator who
will embrace our mission of Transforming Lives Transforming Care.
-Duke Nursing Highlights:
- Duke University Health System is designated as a Magnet
- Professional advancement opportunities through our Clinical
Ladder Program (Nursing Care Assistant, Surgical Tech, Certified
- Quality of Life: Living in the Triangle! - -Responsibilities:
-The Nursing Care Assistant I performs a variety of
non-professional nursing duties under the direct supervision of an
RN/LPN to support patient care. -What you will do: -
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific
procedures and provide manual assistance as required.
- Obtain and record patient data for medical records noting and
informing RN/LPN of information collected.
- Administer treatment and personal care procedures to patients
including, but not limited to, feeding, bathing, shaving, changing
clothing, cleaning and trimming fingernails, bed-making, assisting
with ambulation, enemas, skin care, and bowel and bladder
elimination; provide such additional care as required to meet the
personal needs and comfort of assigned patients.
- Participate in teaching activities by reinforcing teaching
instructed by RN and/or physician as needed.
- Assist physician and nurses with physical examinations by
helping position patients, changing non-sterile dressing and
- Take and record vital signs, record I&O, apply ice bags,
administer douches and enemas.
- Note and report any changes in patient's condition.
- Turn and position patients, set up and feed patients as
necessary, provide patients with fresh drinking water.
- Perform finger sticks for blood glucose testing, with
- Assist with admission, discharge, and transportation of
- Follow standard precautions and use personal protective
equipment as required.
- Collect, deliver and conduct routine tests on patient
- Clean assigned area; stock and replenish supplies and equipment
- Participate in own professional development by maintaining
required skills validation and attending educational
- Support the development of other staff and formal
- Perform sterile dressing change for wounds over 48 hours old,
IV fluid assistance activities, oral/nasogastric feeding and
urinary catherizations/irrigation. - -What you will need: -
Current Nurse Aide I Registry listing
with the N.C. Department of Health and Human Services Division of
Health Service Regulation.High School Diploma or higher. -Basic
Life Support certification from American Heart Association. - -
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed
to providing employment opportunity without regard to an
individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression,
gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status. - Duke
aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation,
creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the
robust exchange of ideas-an exchange that is best when the rich
diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences
flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all
members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the
contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices
are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to
uphold these values. - Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain
jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may
include essentialjob functions that require specific physical
and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for
requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each
hiring department. -
Keywords: Duke Health, Raleigh , Nursing Care Assistant I-Duke University Hospital-Neuro Stepdown 9 DCT-, Other , Franklinton, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!