Behavioral Health Tech ( Day and Night Shift)
Company: Raleigh Oaks Behavioral Health
Posted on: November 25, 2022
Behavioral Health Tech ( Day and Night Shift) - Raleigh Oaks
Behavioral Health - Garner, North Carolina
The Behavioral Health Associate I works under the direct
supervision of a licensed nurse as an integral part of the
multidisciplinary treatment team and is responsible for monitoring
and reporting of patient behaviors; providing continuous patient
care, supervision, interaction, and role modeling; assisting in
patient data collection, recording, and maintenance; and responding
in crisis situations and medical emergencies as needed.
* Ensures the wellbeing of patients and provides a safe, positive,
supportive, and structured environment, under direction of charge
nurse or supervisor. Maintains a constant awareness and supervision
* Assists patients with activities of daily living, such as
toileting, bathing, dressing, grooming, oral hygiene, meals,
snacks, hydration and changing bed linens.
* Conducts safety checks, ensuring that supervision is conducted at
intervals in accordance with individualized supervision
* Checks patients for contraband and manages the patient's
valuables and belongings.
* Interacts routinely with patients, observes behaviors and
communicates significant observations to nursing staff.
* Engages with patient in activities and interactions designed to
encourage achievement of treatment goals.
* Facilitates patient educational-rehabilitative groups which cover
a variety of topics including social skills, coping skills, anger
management and independent living skills.
* Takes and records vital signs properly and communicates
significant changes in patient's condition to the charge nurse.
* Charts in patient records timely, accurately, and
* Applies de-escalation techniques to help manage patient's
emotions, behavior and participation in treatment and assists with
seclusion and restraints when necessary.
* Assists with unit cleaning, organization of new admits charts,
discharge process, filing, etc. Initiates patient/employee incident
* Provides transfer or transportation for patient or coordinate
transportation with appropriate staff member, as required.
* Provides verbal report/briefing to the oncoming shift.
Why Raleigh Oaks Behavioral Health?Raleigh Oaks Behavioral Health
offers a comprehensive benefit plan and a competitive salary
commensurate with experience and qualifications. Qualified
candidates should apply by submitting a resume. Raleigh Oaks
Behavioral Health is an EOE.Veterans and military spouses are
highly encouraged to apply. Summit BHC is dedicated to serving
Veterans with specialized programming at our treatment centers
across the country. We recognize and value the unique strengths of
the military community in supporting our mission to serve those who
Job Type: Full-time%6635559%
Keywords: Raleigh Oaks Behavioral Health, Raleigh , Behavioral Health Tech ( Day and Night Shift), Other , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!