PAINT SUPPORT PERSON
Company: SMT INC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
SMT, Inc . is a sheet metal manufacturing company that has been
in business since 1969. We offer a stable work environment
supported by a strong management team. We are seeking talented
individuals with a strong work ethic to be part of our growing
Our Paint Support position is an entry level position that works on
our powder coat paint line. This position is responsible for
prepping parts to be painted, hanging parts to be painted and
taking painted parts off when they are done.
We are currently looking for Paint Support team members on both 1st
and 2nd shift.
1st Shift standard hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. Mon-Fri (some
overtime on Saturday and before/after standard hours). 2nd Shift
standard hours are 3:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Mon-Thur (some overtime
on Friday and after standard hours).
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities - Paint Support
Performs tasks in support of paint line operations such as loading
/ unloading parts, preparation of parts, packaging of parts and
visual inspection of parts under the direction of area lead person.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Loads and unloads parts on automated line.
- Sands, grinds, or drills new or reworked parts to prepare them
for paint application, when required.
- Tapes, masks, plugs parts to prepare them for paint application
according to customer / traveler specifications and
- Forms hooks to hang parts on automated line as required.
- Visually inspects parts for defects before and after paint is
- Package painted parts according to customer requirements and
- Performs light assembly work, such as installation of casters,
- May perform duties of hazardous Material / Waste handler as
outlined in that job description.
- Maintains work area in clean and safe condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SMT offers a generous benefits package to all of our team members
- Medical, dental and vision insurance with a generous company
contribution toward the cost of employee and dependent
- Company paid Life and AD&D insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Optional supplemental plans that include Accident, Critical
Illness & Cancer policies as well as LegalShield and IDShield
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off after 90 days of employment
- Paid Holidays Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Some experience working
in manufacturing environment is helpful but not required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to read and write, and the ability to perform basic
- Knowledge of hand tools such as pliers, wrenches, screwdrivers,
power drill, sanders, and grinding equipment.
- Position requires employee to complete OSHA Respiratory
Protection Medical Questionnaire Form and evaluated for pulmonary
fitness. Both proper training for respirator use and respirator fit
tested must be completed prior to first day of employment.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a consistent basis. Working
- Constant exposure to one or more elements typically found in a
manufacturing setting such as noise, dust, heat, fumes or dirt,
which may not be desirable. Grinding operation exposure to the use
of safety glasses, dust mask, and earplugs for personal protection.
- None Decision-Making / Confidentiality
- Requires normal mental / visual application to prep, inspect
and pack parts. No independent judgment required with decisions
based on established processes and procedures.
- No exposure to confidential data. The above statements are
intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by the person assigned to this position. This job
description does not state or imply that the above are the only
duties and responsibilities that are or will be assigned to this
position. An employee holding this position will be required to
perform any other job-related duties as assigned by management. All
requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably
accommodate individuals with a disability. PI186245080
Keywords: SMT INC, Raleigh , PAINT SUPPORT PERSON, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!