Lead Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Willow Spring
Posted on: August 7, 2022
This is where you save and sustain lives At Baxter, we are
deeply connected by our mission. No matter your role at Baxter,
your work makes a positive impact on people around the world.
You'll feel a sense of purpose throughout the organization, as we
know our work improves outcomes for millions of patients. -Baxter's
products and therapies are found in almost every hospital
worldwide, in clinics and in the home. For over 85 years, we have
pioneered significant medical innovations that transform
healthcare.Together, we create a place where we are happy,
successful and inspire each other. This is where you can do your
best work. -Join us at the intersection of saving and sustaining
lives- where your purpose accelerates our mission. -We're looking
for a talented Lead Embedded Developer to join our Care
Communications business in Cary, NC. - Baxter Care Communications
produces medical solutions to empower clinical communication and
collaboration and promote patient safety and satisfaction in the
acute care hospital environment. -The Lead Embedded Developer is an
exciting role in supporting embedded software design activities
within our research and development team. - Primary focus of the
role will be to provide engineering support for new product
development, responsible for performing engineering analysis,
design, and verification to requirements.Essential Duties and
- Leads requirement analysis, detailed design, and verification
activities for a product or solution.
- Makes difficult design trade-offs and decisions about features,
schedule, quality and cost.
- Seeks the optimal technology solutions to problems from
internal and external options, and applies appropriate methodology
to identify issues/concerns.
- Primary accountability for major element of a project,
determines all tasks that are required, and is responsible for
- Designs, develops and/or directs research and tests to validate
effect and consequences of designs, process or product enhancements
across projects and/or products.
- Proactively determines measures and standards of success for
project, product, and process quality within project teams.
- Provides guidance to development and test teams with respect to
overall design and development.
- Applies principles of SDLC and methodologies like
Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability,
Documentation Practices, refactoring and testing techniques.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities by
identifying and appropriately escalating process and product
- Expertise in software development in -C/C++ -for
-microcontrollers / microprocessors
- Excellent software design and implementation skills
- Strong -Object-Oriented development and design knowledge -and
- Broad understanding of technology, software development
principles and best practices
- Development and Continuous Integration Tools: Visual
Studio/Eclipse, Git, BitBucket, Jira etc.
- OS: -Fluency and comfort working with -Linux, Embedded Linux.
- Experience and knowledge of standard embedded technology and
protocols (RS485, UART, SPI, etc)
- Experience with embedded programmers and debuggers
- Experience and comfort with hardware debug using logic
analyzers, oscilloscopes, power supplies, multimeters, etc
- Fluency in EE/electronics basics
- Strong Interpersonal skills with the ability to work
collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively document software architecture and
- Demonstrated success in delivering results on technical
- Experience in Healthcare domain is a plus
- Bonus: Experience with embedded RF technology (eg: BLE,
- Bonus: Python, C#, MATLAB/Octave, RThe successful candidate for
this job may be required to verify that he or she has been
vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations
for individuals with medical conditions or religious beliefs that
prevent vaccination, and in accordance with applicable law.Equal
Employment OpportunityBaxter is an equal opportunity employer.
Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, protected veteran status,
disability/handicap status or any other legally protected
characteristic. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Reasonable
AccommodationsBaxter is committed to working with and providing
reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
globally. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or
interview process, please click on the here and let us know the
nature of your request along with your contact
information.Recruitment Fraud NoticeBaxter has discovered incidents
of employment scams, where fraudulent parties pose as Baxter
employees, recruiters, or other agents, and engage with online job
seekers in an attempt to steal personal and/or financial
information. To learn how you can protect yourself, review our .
Keywords: BAXTER, Raleigh , Lead Embedded Software Engineer, Other , Willow Spring, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!