Company: SMT INC
Posted on: August 8, 2022
SMT, Inc. is a sheet metal manufacturing business that has been in
business since 1969. We offer a stable work environment supported
by a strong management team. We are seeking talented individuals
with a strong work ethic to be part of our manufacturing team. Our
generous benefits package includes PTO time, paid holidays,
medical, dental and vision insurance, STD, LTD, Life Insurance,
401K, Legal Aid, Employee Assistance Program, etc. Company
contributes to medical, dental, vision, life, and 401k. 1st Shift
Electrical Assembler. Standard shift hours are 7:00 a.m. to 3:00
p.m. Mon-Friday (some overtime on Saturday and before/after
standard hours). Lifting 50-100 lbs will be required as some of our
assemblies include large panels. Will be required to use hand and
power tools such as rivet guns, electric drills, etc. Forklift
experience is desired. The Electrical Assembler requires a
knowledge of complex electrical components and wiring and the
ability to read wiring schematics and blueprints to install wiring
and electrical components per customer specifications. Summary of
Duties and Responsibilities Works in conjunction with Department
Supervisor or Lead personnel to assemble and package kits,
sub-assemblies, and final assemblies related to assembled product.
Requires general understanding of blueprints as well as correct
utilization of equipment such as rivet guns, ratchets,
screwdrivers, and other related pneumatic tools. Primary Duties and
- Works with Lead personnel to attain daily production
- Pulls and tooling needed to complete the assembly not
previously staged by lead personnel or supervisor.
- Organizes work area to perform required tasks in an efficient
and safe manner.
- Assembles component parts, sub-assemblies, and final assembles
according to customer specifications as defined by SMT, inc.
- Performs tasks such as visual inspection, minor touch up of
finish defects, and packaging of final product.
- Packages product in a neat and professional manner, which is
safe and secure prior to moving product to the shipping area.
- Notifies Lead personnel of any tooling related issues that
could affect safety or efficiency.
- Maintains work area is a clean and safe condition.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Requirements:
Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent. Manufacturing assembly
experience and fork lift operation preferred. Knowledge, Skills and
- Ability to read basic blueprints, perform mathematical
calculations, and to follow instructions and procedures. Aptitude
to develop an understanding of that which constitutes a Good
Product. Ability to handle both pneumatic and mechanical tooling.
Ability to use basic quality inspection equipment including
calipers and micrometers. Working Conditions
- Constant exposure to one or more elements typically found in a
manufacturing setting such as noise, dust, heat, fumes or dirt,
which may not be desirable. Supervision
- None. Decision-Making / Confidentiality
- Moderate level of independent judgement and decision making
within Company policies to resolve operational problems and to
determine manufacturing processes and procedures.
- Limited exposure to confidential data such as employee
information, product design information and work center rates. The
above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work being performed by the person assigned to this
position. This job description does not state or imply that the
above are the only duties and responsibilities that are or will be
assigned to this position. An employee holding this position will
be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned by
management. All requirements are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Keywords: SMT INC, Raleigh , ELECTRO-MECH ASSEMBLER, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!