Business Development Account Representative
Company: Carpenter Technology
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Carpenter Technology Corporation is a leading producer and
distributor of premium specialty alloys, including titanium alloys,
nickel and cobalt based superalloys, stainless steels, alloy steels
and tool steels. Carpenter's high-performance materials and
advanced process solutions are an integral part of critical
applications used within the aerospace, transportation, medical and
energy markets, among other markets. Building on its history of
innovation, Carpenter's wrought and powder technology capabilities
support a range of next-generation products and manufacturing
techniques, including novel magnetic materials and additive
manufacturing.TITLE: BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT ACCOUNT
- Serve as liaison between customer and Carpenter working to
provide overall support and total account management--- including
developing knowledge of customer needs, assessing requirements, and
identifying solutions to issues involving scheduling/planning,
inventory, pricing, forecast information, and specification
- Take ownership and accountability for all the processes related
to the daily activities of your assigned accounts.
- Develop, maintain, and grow network of relationships with
internal departments to expeditiously solve a wide range of
customer problems and issues--- encompassing logistics, planning,
inventory, technical requirements, contract review, pricing,
- Participate in transactional improvement projects within
customer service focusing on cost reduction, productivity
improvement and customer satisfaction.
- Participate in departmental and cross functional training to
expand the depth of their knowledge of Carpenter systems, products,
- Review activity reports and message queue on a daily basis and
take appropriate action.
- Develop and maintain customer-specific account documentation.
Initiate proactive calls to new and existing accounts in support of
selling and service strategies.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.REQUIREMENTS
- Two or four-year undergraduate degree in business preferred,
High School diploma required.
- Two to three years' customer account management experience,
preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Consistent motivation to serve customers and balance the best
interests of Carpenter and our customers.
- Quality orientation, attention to detail/accuracy with
expectation of minimal error rates.
- Ability to project a positive attitude at all times and work
effectively as part of a team.
- Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills,
active listening skills and the ability to consistently perform in
a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment.
- Experience with building trust by meeting commitments and
capable of acknowledging and learning from mistakes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Requires strong problem solving skills, the ability to maintain
an orderly work flow, stay organized, with strong follow up skills.
Ability to appropriately react during challenging phone
conversations.Carpenter Technology Company offers a competitive
salary and a comprehensive benefits package including life,
medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability
coverage, 401k with company contributions as well as many other
options to employees.Carpenter Technology Corporation's policy is
to fully and effectively maintain a program of equal employment
opportunity and nondiscrimination for all employees, to employ
affirmative action for all protected classes, and to recruit and
develop the best qualified persons available regardless of age,
race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation,
marital status, national origin, political affiliation or any other
characteristic protected by law. The Company also will recruit,
develop and provide opportunities for qualified persons with
disabilities and protected veterans.
Keywords: Carpenter Technology, Raleigh , Business Development Account Representative, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!