Senior Specialist - Industrial Automation
Company: Wesco Distribution
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Job DescriptionThis person is responsible for providing pre or
post-sales support/ (technical ) expertise to assist the sales team
in their sales efforts of industrial automation products, systems
and services. Possesses specialized product knowledge. Delivers
presentations and product demonstrations to customers and sales
representatives. May have a continuing role in customer support to
address customer issues in the usage of the products. Executes
business plans and assists in creation of plans.
- Calls on client, management and representatives, to convince
them of desirability of automation products or services
- Makes sales contacts, researches customer needs and develops
product and application information, demonstrating technology
solutions for customers.
- Expertise in industrial automation products; acts as domain
expert internally and externally.
- First line of pre/post automation sales support for sales teams
- Makes joint and solo calls to customers and prospects.
- Assists account representatives in finding new sales
opportunities by teaching and guiding.
- Responsible for opportunity generation and target account
- Executes business plans and assists in creation of plans
- Promotes value-add of the assigned products in competitive
- Participates in ongoing training to maintain technical
competency in product and complimentary product areas.
- Advises purchasing and inside sales on product, suggested
inventory, parts, delivery and price levels.
- Understands market conditions, competitive forces, and
identifies areas for growth.
- Understands industry trends and technical developments that
effect target markets.
- Administers and implements marketing, promotion programs, and
product launches from product businesses.
- Maintains excellent relationships with vendor product managers
and other selling resources. Experience
- 2 years required, 5 years preferred automation sales.
- 3 years required, 5 years preferred technical experience using
automation products. Education
- High School Degree or equivalent required; Bachelors' Degree in
Engineering preferred. Skills
- Technical background and/or experience.
- Strong computer skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills. WESCO
International, Inc., including its subsidiaries and affiliates
("WESCO"), is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
It is the policy of WESCO to not discriminate against any job
applicant or employee based on age, race, religion, color,
handicap, sex, physical condition, disability, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status or
any other protected status. This policy includes but is not limited
to the following: recruitment and employment, promotion, demotion,
transfer, compensation, selection for training including
apprenticeship, layoff, or termination.
Keywords: Wesco Distribution, Raleigh , Senior Specialist - Industrial Automation, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!