Heavy Equipment Operator - Motor Grader
Company: S.T. Wooten Corporation
Posted on: June 25, 2022
JOB LOCATION: Garner, NC
POSITIONS AVAILABLE: 1
Operate one or several types of power construction equipment
including but not limited to motor graders, bulldozers, rubber tire
backhoes or trackhoes, rollers, articulated dump truck drivers,
front-end loaders or hydraulic excavators to excavate, move, and
grade earth, erect structures, or pour concrete, asphalt, or other
hard surface pavement on road beds, parking lots, airport runways
and taxiways. Will perform minor repairs and maintain equipment in
addition to other duties.
Heavy Highway Division - Motor Grader Operator
* Load and move dirt, rocks, equipment, or other materials, using
trucks, power cranes, shovels, or related equipment.
* Start machine, engage clutch, and push and move levers, switches,
and pedals to guide machine along forms or guidelines and to
control the operation of machine attachments, such as blades,
buckets, scrapers, or swing booms.
* Drive and maneuver equipment equipped with blades in successive
passes over working areas to remove topsoil, vegetation, or rocks
or to distribute and level earth or terrain.
* Operate machinery to spread, smooth, level, or stone, concrete,
or asphalt on road beds or other job sites as needed.
* Operate tamping machines or manually roll surfaces to compact
earth fills, foundation forms, and finished road materials,
according to grade specifications.
* Observe grade in order to adjust machine settings to correct
uneven areas such as high and low areas where material may need to
be added or cut.
* Conduct documented pre-shift inspections of equipment for safety
and mechanical defects in accordance with company TPR
* Work long, flexible hours as demanded by our customers including
nights, weekends, and work outside for extended periods during all
seasons of the year.
* Align machines, cutter heads, buckets or depth gauge markers with
reference stakes and guidelines or ground or position equipment,
following hand signals of other workers.
* Coordinate machine actions with other activities, or trucks by
positioning or moving loads in response to hand or audio signals
from crew members.
* Inspect, clean, maintain, and repair equipment, using mechanics'
hand tools. Conduct pre-shift inspections and report any concerns
or malfunctions to supervisors.
* Learn and follow safety regulations and be held responsible for
* Take actions to avoid potential hazards or obstructions, such as
utility lines, other equipment, other workers, or falling
* Perform necessary work while complying with all company policies
and procedures as well as any regulatory authority (i.e. OSHA,
* Perform additional duties as required or directed by their
immediate supervisor or other manager.
* From time to time will perform general labor duties such as
shoveling, raking, climbing inclines, as well as lifting, carrying,
and loading materials on uneven terrain.
* Must be a minimum of 21 years old.
* Prefer at least 4 years of operating experience.
* Must be able to fine grade within 1/4" to be considered and
operate motor grader competently and safely.
* Must be able to read grade stakes.
* Must be able to work with others well.
* Operator experience in multiple types of equipment a plus.
* Willing to do laborer work if necessary.
* Must be able to pass all background requirements in order to
acquire a base pass.
* Cleaning driving record.
* Must be willing to work nights and weekends.
* Must be dependable with a good work ethic.
Heavy Physical Demands:
Heavy physical effort required including pulling and lifting or
moving heavy weight material with frequent lifting or moving
materials or equipment (over 80 pounds). If a position specific
Physical Demands sheet is attached, it will describe in more detail
the physical demands that are required.
Position requires the ability to continuously work around any or
all of the following: noise, dust, heat, cold, oil and heavy
equipment. Personal protective equipment is normally required of
the position. Position requires ability to exchange ideas quickly
and clearly and the ability to receive and evaluate detailed
information and instructions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this
job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of the position. All
employees may have other duties assigned at any time.
EOE. Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Individuals with
Keywords: S.T. Wooten Corporation, Raleigh , Heavy Equipment Operator - Motor Grader, Other , Garner, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!