Senior Cloud DBA - Remote
Posted on: January 16, 2022
PayNearMe, a service of Handle Financial, is the industrys only
platform that facilitates cash, debit, credit and ACH payments.
With its great mobile experience, PayNearMes technology provides a
simple way for businesses to collect payments through an intuitive,
consistent experience for their customers. PayNearMe is the
technology company thats changing how payments are made.
We are a diverse and collaborative company that loves to delight
its customers (merchants, consumers, etc.) with simple, useful and
practical product/service offerings. Were headquartered in Silicon
Valley with our employees distributed all across the US. Help us
Were in growth mode and looking to add a dynamic Senior Cloud DBA.
This position will report to the Director of Data.
As our Senior Cloud DBA, you will focus on the design,
implementation and optimization of our SQL and NoSQL databases. You
will help design and implement these systems and will interact with
all engineering teams.
We are building out a data team to design and implement our next
generation data architecture including AWS, PostgreSQL Aurora,
MySQL Aurora, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch and Snowflake.
Your focus would be to:
- Partner with engineering development teams to design optimized
data models, schemas, perform code walk-thru to ensure optimal code
goes to production.
- Tune SQL performance regarding applications, storage and
- Architect processes for data quality, data governance, MDM,
metadata creation & management, testing, on-going monitoring and
performance thru logs.
- Analyze current systems and design databases to support our
business applications, ensuring system scalability, security,
performance, and reliability.
- Establish data models, modeling naming standards,
abbreviations, guidelines and best practices.
- Translate logical data models into physical optimized highly
available database structures including partitioning or replication
for mission critical applications.
- Monitor and manage data service costs; implementing cost
- Develop and document database architectures.
At least 5 years of cloud database design & implementation
- Proficiency with SQL database solutions including PostgreSQL
Aurora, MySQL Aurora & Snowflake
- Proficiency with noSQL database solutions including DynamoDB &
- Proficiency with SQL and writing performant queries; we use
MySQL and SnowSQL
- Expert at relational database design and data modeling
- Expert at data security and data governance techniques
- AWS Certification preferred.
- Highly collaborative team player with team leadership
- Strong programming experience, preferably in Python, or other
object oriented language
- Build highly reliable systems
- Strong diagnostic skills
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Location: Flexible/Remote (Please note this position may be
performed remotely within the United States except the State of
Travel: Twice a year to headquarters (COVID-19 permitting)
- Great compensation package plus extensive benefits
- Remote working opportunity
- Fast- paced and professional work culture
- Company-paid health insurance including medical, dental, and
- Company-sponsored life and disability insurance
- Stock options package
- Stimulating start-up culture committed to diversity and
- Flexible time off
- Paid parental bonding leave
- Team outings and events when permitted
PayNearMe strives to create a workplace where all employees thrive.
Our core values represent who we are today and we take pride in the
way we work with each other as well as with our stakeholders.
Were in this together to do the right thing. We deliver real
results we are proud of while remaining respectful, transparent,
PayNearMe is an equal opportunity employer. We are diligently and
thoughtfully working towards cultivating a diverse workforce which
in turn, enhances our products and services for the communities we
serve. Applicants who represent all backgrounds are strongly
encouraged to apply.
CALIFORNIA CONSUMER PRIVACY ACT: APPLICANT NOTICE
Effective Date: January 1, 2020
Last Reviewed on: December 23, 2019
PayNearMe MT, Inc. and Handle Financial, Inc. (collectively, the
Company) are providing you with this Notice (Notice) to inform you
- the categories of Personal Information that the Company
collects and maintains about applicants; and
- the purposes for which the Company uses that Personal
For purposes of this Notice, Personal Information means information
that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being
associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or
indirectly with, a natural person that the Company may collect in
connection with screening applicants for job openings at the
- Identifiers and Professional or Employment-Related Information.
The Company collects identifiers and professional or
employment-related information, which may include some or all the
following: real name, nickname or alias, postal address, telephone
number, e-mail address, membership in professional organizations,
professional certifications, language skills, and current and past
employment history. The Company collects this Personal Information
to evaluate previous job performance and consider applicants for
positions, to develop a talent pool and plan for succession, to
conduct applicant surveys, to maintain an internal applicant
directory and for purposes of identification, to promote the
Company as a place to work, and for workforce reporting and data
- Personal Information Categories from Cal. Civ. Code
- 1798.80(e). The Company may collect categories of Personal
Information listed in Cal. Civ. Code
- 1798.80(e), other than those already listed above, (a) to the
extent necessary to comply with the Companys legal obligations,
such as to accommodate disabilities; (b) to conduct a direct threat
analysis in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and
state law; (c) for occupational health and safety compliance and
record-keeping; and (d) to respond to an applicants medical
- Characteristics of Protected Classifications Under California
or Federal Law. The Company may collect information about race,
age, national origin, disability, sex, and veteran status as
necessary to comply with legal obligations, including the reporting
requirements of the federal Equal Employment Opportunity Act, the
federal Office of Contracting Compliance Programs (applicable to
government contractors), and Californias Fair Employment and
Housing Act. The Company collects this Personal Information for
purposes including: to comply with Federal and California law
related to accommodation. The Company also collects this category
of Personal Information on a purely voluntary basis, except where
required by law, and uses the information only in compliance with
applicable laws and regulations.
- Education Information. The Company collects education
information such as resumes and graduation records. The Company
collects this Personal Information to determine suitability for
roles, to determine eligibility for training courses, and to assist
with professional licensing.
- Profile Data. The Company may collect profile data, including
the following: psychological assessments, behavior analyses, or
other profiling of its applicants. The Company collects this
Personal Information to determine aptitude for certain positions
and job assignments as well.
- Background Screening Information. In the event that an
applicant is given a formal job offer, the Company collects
background screening information prior to hiring, including results
of the following types of background screening: criminal history;
sex offender registration; motor vehicle records; credit history;
employment history; drug testing; and educational history. The
Company collects this Personal Information to screen for risks to
the Company and its clients, and continued suitability for their
jobs and to evaluate applicants for promotions.
Assistance for Disabled Applicants
Alternative formats of this Notice are available to individuals
with a disability. Please let us know if you need assistance.
Keywords: Paynearme, Raleigh , Senior Cloud DBA - Remote, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!