Senior UI / UX Designer (REMOTE)
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We're Softway.We work with businesses to impact the everyday
behaviors, mindsets, and attitudes and help drive valuable changes
within. Faster innovation and more inclusion to lead cultural and
digital transformations and make human-focused technology to propel
businesses. Our solutions include culture & inclusion services and
products, technology experiences, and communications. Ultimately,
we believe love is a business strategy.
We are based in Houston, TX and Bengaluru, IN and we're currently
looking for folks open to working in USA time zones(North America
What we do?
We help change enterprises through business-to-employee (B2E)
solutions that personally connect with teams. Our goal is to bring
humanity back to the workplace. We do it by bringing bright people
together from all walks of life and every imaginable background,
letting them loose on a challenge, and empowering them to explore
Visit us: https://www.softway.com/
Our Podcast : https://www.softway.com/laabs
Buy our book: https://www.loveasabusinessstrategy.com/
WHO WE WANT:
As a Senior UI / UX designer we are looking at you to be an expert
in digital product, web, and mobile UCD (user-centered design)
thinking, and be responsible for design execution. You will work
with different stakeholders across a range of projects from
internal product development to external client support and design
activities and deliverables to work with both our Houston and
Bengaluru teams.The ideal candidate will be comfortable working
remotely as part of a cross-functional agile team and managing
their day-to-day tasks.
The following items should sound like you:
- Create development-ready designs for mobile or web following
Softway's design system.
- Capable of managing time and budget to achieve deadlines.
- Balance creativity with practicality.
- Clarity and consistency in building deliverables, such as
logical and consistent naming of layers.
- Form a working knowledge of the project's technology to
understand the challenges it presents to the end-user and
- Balance experimentation and getting work done.
- Create any type of document you need to get your point across
(i.e. process diagrams, research findings presentations,
- Think beyond the project plan; a list of tasks is your guide
but not your boundary.
- Be comfortable presenting and co-creating work to
- Be flexible to working completely remote with US time zones
primarily and India time zones depending on the project.
- Listen, really listen, to your collaborators.
- Own your projects by answering as many questions as you
- Create with the user and developers in mind.
- Be a wizard with design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud and
- Love typography, color, and grids.
- Bring your passions and curiosity to work.
- Understand the internal technology platforms we use every day
(Google products, Miro, and Trello).
WHO WE DON'T WANT:
We want to save your time and our time, so here are a few things we
are not looking for in a UI / UX Designer. If any of these things
sound like you at all, please do not apply.
- You need all of your questions answered before you can start
working. We are asked to solve very difficult problems with
- You are looking to work on a specific subset of UI / UX or
design activities. We contract with "T-shaped" people. For example,
if you LOVE building wireframes and frontend UIs and wish you could
just do that, you won't be happy here.
- You are too good to work on an executive power point
presentation or something not-so-creative.
- You are afraid of working collaboratively or solo, our work
requires a mix depending on the initiative.
- You can't handle change, multiple projects, a little chaos,
sarcasm, or shade.
Have a look at our work and poke around our website. If Softway
looks like a place you would love to work for, please do go ahead
and apply, we'd love to meet you.
PLEASE NOTE: We will only consider applicants who include a resume
and a link to a digital portfolio. If we choose to begin the
interview process with you, we will have a group interview with
some of the team. If you are a good fit, we'll add you to our group
of talent we work with! (We have to get to know you and you have to
get to know us-it has to be the right fit for everyone.)
The folks here are a talented bunch that you would love to interact
and work with. If you don't believe me, just ask around. Softway
gives you ample learning opportunities, pushing you, without
letting you struggle. We work hard and party harder !! We encourage
you to voice your opinions and yes, we actually listen. We take
pride in having an ego-less workforce, it allows us to focus on
what we're good at - bringing solutions to life. In addition to a
competitive salary and great work, we offer GREAT FLEXIBILITY
Keywords: Softway, Raleigh , Senior UI / UX Designer (REMOTE), Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!