Assistant Line Operator
Posted on: January 16, 2022
ASSISTANT LINE OPERATOR
We're Coty, a global leader in beauty. We're World #1 in Fragrance,
World #2 in Professional Hair Care and World #3 in Color Cosmetics.
Our iconic portfolio of more than 77 brands are sold in over 150
countries around the world. We believe in beauty with a purpose and
brands that inspire, no matter where they are in the world.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Accepting direction and supervision from Line Lead Operator in
executing job assignments and functions successfully and assisting
with changeover of the line. Executing appropriate judgement in
servicing the flow of production materials on and off the packaging
line efficiently. To improve the global process reliability (GPR)
and right first time (RFT) production of the packaging line through
adequate supply of components (input materials) to the line and
finished products (output) off the line. Adhering to all Coty Human
Resource and Safety guidelines.
- Assist the line operator in the running of the production line
including clearing minor jams, reacting to minor stops and be a
partner during changeover and take care of all the necessary
- Transport all components needed for production on the packaging
line from the appropriate staging area to the production line using
a manual pallet jack.
- Transport all components used for production and finished
products (output) from the packaging line to the appropriate
- Feed the packaging line continuously by unloading components
from pallets onto machine feed hoppers, conveyor belts, skate
racks, component tables, and component bins with all needed
components during a production run.
- Load and palletize all production units that have been
packed-out into shipper cartons off the production line onto a
pallet and manually wrap the pallet with appropriate binding
- Perform count of remaining components at the end of the
production run and report to Line Operator
- Load and palletize remaining components at the end of the
production run onto respective component pallets and wrap
- Ensure at the start of production shift that line is adequately
stocked with miscellaneous supplies (gloves, cleaning agents, trash
buckets etc.) as needed and directed by the Line Operator.
- Safely use cutting tools to open component boxes and to break
down carton shippers according to safety training.
- Key Indicators
- Right First Time (RFT) / Pieces per Million (PPM)
- Schedule Adherence
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
What You'll Bring
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Internal Candidates will be strongly considered
- Ability to view and transact in SAP an OEE tool fundamentally
- Possesses the ability to execute simple counting, addition,
subtraction, division, and multiplication mathematical
- Good knowledge of how to handle fragile components in a safe
- Basic knowledge of equipment that require direct component
replenishments into bins and hoppers.
- Basic knowledge of the use of manual pallet jacks and
electronic hand pallet trucks.
- Basic understanding of the production packing process on the
- Ability to apply simply calculations to determine efficient
rate of replenishment of production line with components.
- Fundamental computer skills
- Basic communication skills.
- Teamwork with Line Operators, other Material Handlers, and GPWs
on the production line.
- Master basic and routine tasks.
- Performs well under production rate / speed pressures.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position.
This position requires the ability to work mandatory overtime to
meet business needs either within the day and/or the weekend and
business operates on multiple shifts.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
Heavy: Requires exertion of 51 to 100 pounds of force occasionally,
or 26 to 50 pounds of force frequently, or 11 to 20 pounds of force
constantly to move objects. Requires about 6 or more hours of
intermittent standing or walking in an 8-hour workday. Sitting may
be required only intermittently and occasionally. Stooping is
usually required frequently.
Duration & Repetitive Standards
Occasional repetitive activity or condition exists up to 1/3 of the
time equivalent to 2.5 hours of an 8 hour work day or up to 20
minutes each hour.
What We Offer
This is unique role with a genuine opportunity to make an impact.
You'll get to work in a diverse environment with a team of
professionals who are passionate about the work they do and know
how to have some fun along the way.
Our people make us who we are. They are the brightest minds
bringing the boldest ideas to life every day. If you're the kind of
person who refuses to settle, if you want to think bigger, learn
faster and go further than you ever thought possible - we'd love to
hear from you.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals
without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age,
gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law. Coty complies with federal and
state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for
applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable
accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or
interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to
receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact
cotyjobsUS@cotyinc.com . We strongly believe that cultivating a
diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of
unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an
environment that produces extraordinary results. EOE
English - Please click on this link to review the Notification of
Equal Opportunity Rights poster
Espa--ol - Por favor, haga un clic en el enlace para revisar el
poster de la Ley de los Derechos de Igualdad de Empeo
- THIS POSITION IS ELIGIBLE FOR COTY EMPLOYEE REFERRAL BONUS
Keywords: Coty, Raleigh , Assistant Line Operator, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!