Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Raleigh, NC - Immediate Opening
Company: Badger Daylighting Corp
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Description:Our Raleigh, NClocation is currently looking for
Assistant Hydrovac Operators to join the team. As an Assistant
Hydrovac Operator you will be required to operate our specialized
on-board hydro-vacuum system, while providing safe,
customer-focused services to our customers. The job requires
typical construction type hours with some weeks being less than 40
hours and other weeks very busy requiring 50 plus hours. Travel for
short term out of town work assignments and/or training is to be
expected. Training will be provided for people with a desire to
succeed.To become familiar with A Day in the Life at Badger please
visit Badgers Careers Page.Key Accountabilities
- Safely operate the on-board hydro-vacuum system outside the
truck and perform other duties such as clean-up, mobilization and
general maintenance of the equipment.
- Always communicate effectively and professionally and to
demonstrate a strong customer service focus in all
- Troubleshoot minor mechanical issues and as the need arises
perform minor repairs to equipment.
- Attend safety meetings and ensures all tasks are always
completed in a safe and professional manner.
- Must be able to follow direction and work both independently
and as part of a team.
- Use Company provided technology (iPad) for field ticketing and
time and attendance.
- Properly document all Company, Federal, State, and Customer
paperwork as required by law and/or established policy in a clear
and legible manner. Qualification:
- Previous hydrovac, trucking, vacuum truck or other related
industrial experience preferred.
- Will be required to successfully complete pre-employment
screening, which includes; criminal background check, MVR history,
DOT drug screen and Badger Fit for Duty physical exams to ensure
you meet the medical, physical and safety requirements of the
- Must have an acceptable driving record.
- OSHA10 safety card certification is required. (If applicant
does not hold this certification, Badger will pay for
computer-based training with applicant completing on-line course
within 5 days of hiring. Certification is the property of the
- Safety certifications preferred (eg. First Aid/CPR, Fall
Protection, Confined Space).
- Experience in a labour-intensive position and working outside
in all types of weather conditions.
- Ability to work independently in a team and safety focused
- Mechanical inclination is an asset. Physical Demands
- Must be able to hear and distinguish emergency signals and
instructions while on duty.
- Must be able to repetitively sit, lift, stoop, bend, squat,
kneel, reach and crawl.
- Must be able to repeatedly lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be able to work in all outdoor elements for extended
periods of time.
- Confined Space Entry may be required to accomplish tasks for
some clients when applicable.
- Must be cleared to wear Personal Protective Equipment
- Must be able to climb ladders, and work from stationary
platforms from elevated heights.
- Must be capable of working extended hours and variable
shifts.Wages\:$18.00 per hourAbout Badger DaylightingBadger
Daylighting is North Americas leading provider of non-destructive
hydrovac excavation services. We are publicly traded company,
listed on the TSX (BAD). Badger traditionally works for
contractors, engineers, and facility owners in the oil and gas,
power, municipal, transportation, industrial, and commercial
construction industries. We have been designing and manufacturing
our Hydrovac System for more than 20 years, continually improving
the safety, efficiency, and productivity of the system. Today, our
fleet of more than 1000 hydrovac vacuum trucks provide excavation
services to more than 100 US and Canadian locations. Why
BadgerBadger is a leader in the Hydrovac and environmental services
industry because of our great people and their customer focus. Be
part of a team with the opportunity to develop new ideas and find
innovative ways to solve problems.Badger Daylighting offers
competitive salary, an incredible work environment, training and
career advancement opportunities. We offer a comprehensive benefit
program which includes Health, Dental, Disability, Life, Employer
Matching Retirement Savings Program and Vacation / Paid Time Off.
Thank you for your interest in this position. Badger Daylighting is
an Equal Opportunity Employer. Internal applicants are reminded to
discuss their intention to apply with their supervisor before
Keywords: Badger Daylighting Corp, Raleigh , Assistant Hydrovac Operator - Raleigh, NC - Immediate Opening, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!