Company: The Bobbitt Group, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Superintendent Job Summary: The Construction Superintendent will
oversee all phases of a construction project. Supervisory
- Prepares work schedules and assignments.
- Communicates and enforces safety procedures and site rules.
- Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople,
professionals, and laborers, communicating to and via project
foreperson to deliver instructions and project assignments as
- Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares
and provides progress reports to owners and architects; makes
recommendations for necessary modifications.
- Collaborates with architect, engineer, Project Manager, and
other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning
requirements, and other regulations are met.
- Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in
architectural and engineering plans are followed.
- Schedule and meet with Inspection Departments and Inspectors on
site to achieve all required sign-offs pertaining to the
- Schedule and ensure that all 3rd party inspections have
completed and have been reported to the contract
- Attend and participate in Superintendent meetings, L-10
meetings, safety meetings, preconstruction meetings, and post job
- Conduct and update job progress meetings with the Bobbitt team
and the client.
- Any other assigned duties. Required Skills/Abilities:
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in
different roles. (ex. Laborers, Foremen, Superintendents, Project
Managers, Inspectors, Owners, Owner Representatives, etc.)
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings,
- Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to
construction and building sites.
- Thorough understanding of quality building practices.
- Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve
- Must be able to navigate a smart phone and PC. Including but
not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and Procore. Education and
- Bachelors degree in Construction Management, Construction
Science, Business Administration, Accounting, or related field
- At least four years of experience in building trade required.
- Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the
construction site in all types of weather.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds at times.
- Must have a valid driver's license.
Keywords: The Bobbitt Group, Inc., Raleigh , Superintendent, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!