Direct Support Professional - Youngsville NC
Company: United Support Services
Posted on: November 22, 2021
USS is looking for someone to work with a young client in his
home and in the community, that needs help with learning and
developing social skills, communication skills, and transportation
skills.This position schedule is: Monday through Friday 12pm-7pm.
*some flexibility is needed for school schedules.
- This position requires someone who can provide proof of full
COVID-19 vaccination status.Do you want to make a difference in
your local community? United Support Services, Inc. is seeking
talented individuals who are passionate about helping people who
have disabilities. We take pride in utilizing today's best clinical
practices to increase our participants' level of independence and
community interaction. Our participant-directed services and goals
are continuously evolving to meet the unique needs of our
- Maintain the health and safety of client(s) at all times.
- Complete all necessary documentation a timely and accurate
- Provide services to individuals in the home and/or community
- Provide training on self-help skills to enable a person with
meeting basic life needs such as food, hygiene, appearance, and
- Provide training in independent living skills and activities
that enable a person to live a full life in the home and community
(meal preparation, home management, community resource utilization,
and self-administration of medication).
- Provide training in mobility and activities that enable a
person to move from one place to another in the home and community
(gross motor skills, fine motor skills, transfers, access/use of
public transportation etc).
- Provide training in socialization and activities that enable a
person to acquire new behaviors, increase fluency of skills,
promote generalization of skills, and prevent regression of skill
- Promote positive interactions with client, family, Qualified
Professionals, all staff of USS, and all team members involved in
- Perform medical tasks delegated by the Registered Nurse once
competency has been determined and the Medical Task Delegation
Agreement has been signed.
- Maintain confidentiality of client information by following
applicable privacy laws.
- Communicate regularly either verbally or written with USS
personnel, Qualified Professionals, and clients as
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. and at least one year of
experience in a similar role.
- Lives in or within commuting distance of Youngsville, North
- Ability to submit a background check and drug screen in
accordance with local law and regulations.
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and
developmental disabilities preferred.
- Valid Driver?s License and automotive insurance.
- A flexible schedule in order to meet the participant?s desired
hours for services.
Keywords: United Support Services, Raleigh , Direct Support Professional - Youngsville NC, Other , Youngsville, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!