Director, Clinical Services Specialist - RN
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: October 14, 2021
RN Required - Compact License
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive, or commission plans.
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Manages the day-to-day healthcare operations of the community to
ensure resident's healthcare needs are met. Ensures residents are
treated with respect and dignity and ensures quality care as
resident's healthcare needs change. Supervises licensed nurses and
other direct care staff within the community. Strengthens clinical
processes within community until a replacement is identified, then
supports newly assigned Health and Wellness Director. Travels
within the division as assigned to support management vacancy,
start up, vacations, etc.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of community-based
licensed nursing staff (LPN/LVN, RN), the Med Techs/CMAs (if
required by State Regulations) and/or Lead Resident Care
Associates. May also supervise Resident Care Coordinators and
Supervisor, Resident Care.
- Assigns and directs work of subordinates; appraising
performance; rewarding and disciplining associates; addressing
complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides training, supervision, and monitoring of associates in
the administration of medications as described/allowed in Nurse
Practice Act, to include auditing of medication administration
- Provides training and education to resident care associates on
an ongoing basis with classroom in-services, and situation-specific
- Supervises the maintenance of resident charts and reviews
documentation performed by care giving staff.
- As described and allowed in the Nurse Practice Act, assesses
health, functional and psycho-social status of residents, initiates
individualized service plans, proactively manages care and services
for each resident, evaluates effectiveness and maximizes the
resident's opportunity to remain in their environment.
- Manages the health care of residents, including the
dissemination of information to families and associates. Ensures
that family members are aware of resident's need for scheduled
- Participates in pre-admission screening of prospective new
residents. Assures that required documentation is completed prior
to or upon resident admission, including nursing assessments,
service plans, and other assigned forms. Updates assessments as
required by policy and as described/allowed in Nurse Practice
- Performs on-site evaluations of residents admitted to alternate
care environments for treatment, and maintains contact with
resident families with the intent of returning resident to
- Performs ongoing assessment/observation of residents' physical
and psycho-social needs and coordinates with other departments to
assure quality, proactive care.
- Evaluates residents; documents changes in condition, and
notifies executive director, physician, and resident's legally
responsible party/family of resident's condition and reactions.
Prepares Physician Visit Form and reviews and updates resident
- Facilitates continuity of care for those residents receiving
home health care, hospice services, and other third party
healthcare- related services.
- Participates in or leads meetings relevant to resident care
issues, such as Service Plan meetings, involving appropriate
parties as needed.
- Ensures in-house ancillary medical services such as podiatrist,
doctor visits, dental visits, psych visits, lab, X-ray, ambulance,
etc. are scheduled and followed through.
- Participates in department quality improvement activities.
- Assists in keeping the environment safe for associates to
reduce the occurrence of Workers' Compensation claims by
appropriately evaluating resident transfer and mobility needs and
involving therapy services as indicated.
- Shares on-call and manager on duty
/shifts as required.
- Strengthens clinical process within the community until
permanent replacement is identified.
- Supports other requirements within the division as
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Raleigh , Director, Clinical Services Specialist - RN, Other , Raleigh, North Carolina
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!